Author Topic: Proto line wrench  (Read 6331 times)

Offline Nolatoolguy

Proto line wrench
« on: February 23, 2013, 08:56:55 AM »
I have my proto line wrenches for sale, there a great set. They are in great condition.

Here are photos

If you are a serious buyer I can get you more detailed photographs. There are a couple with very very faint surface rust on the head, but its barely there.

I am asking 300 shipped to the 48 states, its a lot but this is by far a very hard to find set in excellent condition. It must be a moeny order. I normally accept trades but I need the moeny for my truck so no trades.

Feel free to ask any questions.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Proto line wrench
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:52:46 AM »
Just my opinion and I know you did not ask for it and I am not trying to start a debate and will not argue cause I enjoy being on this site too much but I just have to say.....I think it is in poor taste to try and sell these wrenches, ( in my opinion ) here or anywhere else but especially on this site. My blood is a little hot so please bear with me.

You had a long post concerning these wrenches, asking for information, made the statement that you always wanted a set like this ( this was only a few weeks ago ) told everyone you paid 60 dollars for them, got input from other members of your ongoing story to attain them and now you offer them here for 5 times what we all know you paid for them!!

Again I think that is in poor taste, I know you are young and I guess maybe no one taught you that maybe this sort of thing might be a no no.

Maybe its just me but I dont think so.

They are your wrenches, you can do what you want with them obviously but seeing this post was a bit of a disappointment to me.

I know Im nobody though so please carry on.

BTW Id like to say as a joke my new wizard wrench is for sale for the first 100 bucks but no matter how many times I try and see it in humor I cannot.

P.S. my new wizrd wrench is not for sale!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:07:01 AM by 1930 »
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:19:20 AM »
In Neil's defense, he is young and learning. I bet he wanted that style of wrench out of curiosity more than need, and once he had them discovered at least two things- they aren't of much use to him; and they are more valuable than he knew.

All of us have bought low and sold high now and then. If the market will bear that price, he'll profit and be able to buy what he needs.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 07:50:01 AM »
I have sold over $2 k in tools  year and some of them have been sets that I have filled here and other places and I have always given the members what ever they asked for one i needed. I have also given a lot of tools for the postage that someone needed and visa-versa  . It makes no difference to me if they sell for more . as matter of fact I bought a tool here that I had given to the person .i needed it so I bought it back.
I have a record of almost every tool I bought and how much I paid .I do not have the one I bought it from.
I have always said that if anyone is looking for a tool I probably have it somewhere lol   bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Online Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 09:22:23 AM »
He is offering them here , for the tool collectors that helped him. Ebay will probably be the place where he ends up selling them for the money he needs for his truck repair.
I'm pretty sure every one on this forum buys and sells tools.
I'm also pretty sure no one is getting rich doing it.
The person that buys them will set the value.
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline kxxr

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 09:29:49 AM »
Go Neil!! Buy low and sell high makes the world go 'round. Good luck raising funds for your truck.

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 02:44:10 PM »
Just my opinion and I know you did not ask for it and I am not trying to start a debate and will not argue cause I enjoy being on this site too much but I just have to say.....I think it is in poor taste to try and sell these wrenches, ( in my opinion ) here or anywhere else but especially on this site. My blood is a little hot so please bear with me.

You had a long post concerning these wrenches, asking for information, made the statement that you always wanted a set like this ( this was only a few weeks ago ) told everyone you paid 60 dollars for them, got input from other members of your ongoing story to attain them and now you offer them here for 5 times what we all know you paid for them!!

Again I think that is in poor taste, I know you are young and I guess maybe no one taught you that maybe this sort of thing might be a no no.

They are your wrenches, you can do what you want with them obviously but seeing this post was a bit of a disappointment to me.

BTW Id like to say as a joke my new wizard wrench is for sale for the first 100 bucks but no matter how many times I try and see it in humor I cannot.

Yes I made a post previously about these wrenches. I have trually wanted a set for a while. My necisety for transportation beats my desire for these. I have them priced high however look around and find a set in this condition. I had no intentions of originally selling them, telling you guys what I paid for them was basically like shooting myself in the foot.

I have two parents and a great family who have taught me everything I know. I don't think they did a bad job. Before you critisize me maybe you should go critisize those stealing stuff, doing drugs, etc etc etc.

And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 04:57:07 PM »

Yes I made a post previously about these wrenches. I have trually wanted a set for a while. My necisety for transportation beats my desire for these. I have them priced high however look around and find a set in this condition. I had no intentions of originally selling them, telling you guys what I paid for them was basically like shooting myself in the foot.

I have two parents and a great family who have taught me everything I know. I don't think they did a bad job. Before you critisize me maybe you should go critisize those stealing stuff, doing drugs, etc etc etc.

One thing that I like about this forum is that most of the guys one here will give away or practically give away a tool to someone else if that someone else appreciates it greater than themselves. I have been on this forum a couple of years ( maybe ) now and I have never seen such an outrageous set of posts as what led up to these wrenches.

To be honest as I said it was a disappointment to me. ( Still is )

I hate to think of this site and the people that participate here as trying to get one over on one another, I like yourself ( I am assuming ) have to deal with this sort of stuff  on a daily basis in the real world.

In my opinion these sort of profit margins are more of an e-bay thing, I like to think of the majority of people on this site as family that are not caught up in the bottom line/greed.

This sort of stuff is what made this country what it is now but in my opinion this is not a good thing.

I guess I look at things differently. If I but something for 50 cents and I buy it to sell ( which I rarely do ) than if I make a dollar than I am thrilled, Ok I guess I just doubled my money so bad example, if I buy something for 60 dollars and I find someone that collects these and appreciates the item more than I will ( this is his hobby cause I do not sell to re-sellers ) than I sell for 60 dollars, I make no profit but I make a friend.

After re-reading my post I can see where I may have been  out of line though, they are as I said your wrenches to do with what you want and I have no place to tell you what you should be doing with them so sorry for that.

There are disappointments to be found everyday everywhere and this was just another for me.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:07:11 PM by 1930 »
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »
Is there a way to block just one person's posts on this forum? I walked away from here 2 years ago, at least quit being an active posting member, and now I remember why.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 06:19:44 PM »
Is there a way to block just one person's posts on this forum? I walked away from here 2 years ago, at least quit being an active posting member, and now I remember why.
1-Click on profile
2- click on forum profile
3- click on modify profile
4-Go all the way to bottom buddies/ignore list
5- click on edit ignore list
6-fill in the blanks
Easy Peesy

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »

May I ask you to PM me and tell me what caused you to leave before, and what now reminds you? This forum has never been plagued with controversy that I know of, and I hope it never will. I try to run a forum unlike the run of the mill forums full of arguing and fighting.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2013, 08:43:12 PM »
Hey 1930, sticking one's nose in another man's business is in 'poor taste', in my opinion. Neil has openly and honestly exercised his right to offer these wrenches for sale. I don't see how you have any call to denegrate his actions. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant. Talk is cheap and for you to suggest that your moral code somehow outshines his, is just that, talk. Shame on you. Mind your own and leave others be.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 08:47:53 PM »
Maybe this is what rustbender was concerned about in the past- we don't need arguments.

Offline rusty

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »

This is why many forums have a rule about posting comments in the for sale topics.

No matter how well intentioned, commenting on *why* someone is selling something, or *how* they are selling something >>ALWAYS<< leads to a forum wide argument. First one person feels slighted, another jumnps in to defend them, other people jump in to defend the others, and 10 posts later it is a free for all....

When comments degenerate to a persons lineage, or their upbringing, the thread is lost...NOTHING usefull will come from this thread after this point.

It is just the way it is, the way it always has been......

It is like trying to tell someone their wife is not the most beautiefull person in the room, there just isn't any way to do it, no matter how you word it....

C'est la vie
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »
Agreed, Rusty.
I don't want to close a sale thread, but if there are any further problems, I will.