Author Topic: Proto line wrench  (Read 5836 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: Proto line wrench
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 04:18:35 AM »
Please don't let the discussion of Nola's wrenches get out of control. There is a large age gap at play here and perhaps he hasn't the experience some of us have, but he is here on the forum doing his best- unlike so many young folks these days.

Best that the discussion ends before anyone gets too upset.

Noel
[/quote]
Yes, you are right and I apologize  for taking it as far as I have, If I could I would erase my initial post and every post thereafter but I cannot. He should be able to sell his wrenches for whatever he wants.

He appears to be a good kid, ( still is ) I have said that in the past and he is un-like so many other young people today.

Sorry again Nola, I didnt really consider that my comments would start this sort of controversy, in my opinion people expressing opinions is one of the few freedoms we still have today but I also understand that not everyone has to see things as I see them and I should not try and impose on someone elses behavior until it directly affects me.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:23:05 AM by 1930 »
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Branson

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »
It is like trying to tell someone their wife is not the most beautiefull person in the room, there just isn't any way to do it, no matter how you word it....

Reminds me of an interview I listened to with one of Earl Scruggs' teachers.  She used the term, faux pas, pointing out it wasn't pronounced "fox pass."
The example she gave was one fellow commenting to another "That's the ugliest man I ever saw."  The other fellow said, "That's no man; that's my wife."   "That was a terrible faux pas," she observed.

Offline geneg

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 10:07:21 AM »
Not even wanting to get in the middle of this topic,  BUT-  I saw a fantastic car forum dissolve a few years ago from this sort of stuff.  This forum is easy to get around & for me very enjoyable. 
Perhaps the easiest way to avoid the controversy is to use a PM for opinions or direct communications- then the discussion isn't out in the street for all to see and take sides.  Noel really hasn't had to jump in very often that I've seen.  Maybe delete this thread so new visitors won't think that this is our way and NOLA repost his item for sale without the baggage.  , As far as blocking an individual's posts, why not just not read them?

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »
Not even wanting to get in the middle of this topic,  BUT-  I saw a fantastic car forum dissolve a few years ago from this sort of stuff.  This forum is easy to get around & for me very enjoyable. 
Perhaps the easiest way to avoid the controversy is to use a PM for opinions or direct communications- then the discussion isn't out in the street for all to see and take sides.  Noel really hasn't had to jump in very often that I've seen.  Maybe delete this thread so new visitors won't think that this is our way and NOLA repost his item for sale without the baggage.  , As far as blocking an individual's posts, why not just not read them?

I must agree with deleting the thread. It is understandable and just got a inquire about them locally.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline lbgradwell

• Oakville, ON
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 10:59:45 AM »
This forum has never been plagued with controversy that I know of, and I hope it never will. I try to run a forum unlike the run of the mill forums full of arguing and fighting.

It's true; this forum is certainly the most trouble-free example I've ever seen. If you are having trouble here, I would strongly suggest not joining other similar forums! LOL!

As far as blocking an individual's posts, why not just not read them?

Although it is not the case (for me) here, there are certainly members on other forums who I block; it's just easier to not see their nonsense in the first place. Unfortunately, there are intentional "trolls" who post simply to try to create controversy and/or start arguments. Frankly, most of them should probably be under the care of a mental health professional...

I can think of two very well-known trolls who are both members in good standing at the Garage Gazette. One seems to have only the most tangential interest in tools & garages. The other has none whatsoever.

Kijiji King

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »

What I wanted to say , only you said it better than I could have.
Private message .
I think replys to items for sale should be -"I'll take it " or " I sent you a PM"
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 10:35:47 PM »
I'm not locking or deleting this thread. The small controversy we just experienced is miniscule compared to what happens elsewhere. Yes, this kind of stuff can hurt a forum, and I have also seen forums destroyed as a result.
I am counting on the maturity of Tool Talk's membership to rise above this and continue the camaraderie we have enjoyed.

Agreed that replies to sale threads should not go much further than buying or asking for details. Anything else should go in PMs.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/