Author Topic: Ratchets (with pictures)  (Read 114496 times)

Offline kxxr

Re: Ratchets (with pictures)
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2013, 05:54:40 AM »
Do you have the 3/8" breaker in that Indestro set? Because, if you don't, I just picked up one that might match.
Thanks for the generous offer. I want to say that I do have one but I don't know for sure. I will have to do some digging to see. If I don't, maybe we can work a swap of some kind. I'll pm you after I have had a look. Thanks again!

Offline lauver

• Belton, TX
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »
Here is one I haven't seen before. Open gear Companion USA with a small WF stamped on it. 3/8 drive. I don't recall seeing one of these with the little snap ring on the head before.

kxxr,

This ratchet was made for Sears by Western Forge.  Companion was one of the lower priced brands that Sears used for a number of years.  It's a good ratchet... a keeper.
Member of PHARTS - Pefect Handle Admiration, Restoration, and Torturing Society

Offline kxxr

« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2013, 06:22:27 PM »
Here's another Benchtop from Kmart's heyday. It's a quarter inch drive 3202121. I count about 48 clicks around. Yea, it's made in Tiawan but you gotta give 'em at least a couple of points for style. It looks similar in shape to the pass through ratchet from the Texas company pictured below it.

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2013, 10:04:38 PM »
Here's a snap on 71n, that was my grandpas.

I had individual pictures of the inside on a thread of the rebuild but the photos were lost in the crash of the old site.

Here is some snap new snap ons I bought and sold. I have more in flicker of them

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:06:10 PM by Nolatoolguy »
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2013, 10:12:15 PM »
I came across this Moore Drop Forge C-man today in 1/4". Needs some clean and lube (and maybe a dab of silver paint on the selector knob!), but should still work as designed.
Ratchet Guru

Offline mrchuck

• Contributor
  • retired Federal LEO Ranger
« Reply #185 on: August 10, 2013, 12:06:49 PM »
I wouldn't re-paint the selector,,,,because it is made of brass, and that alone tells one it is vintage.Bras on chrome, lovely.
Molon Labe

Offline Tx308

« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2013, 08:26:25 PM »
A few rats from my collection.

Top is an Armstrong F-50 3/8 open gear, which I can find no information about On the underside the head is stamped "USA" the quotation marks are part of the stamping, appears to be cadmium finish. A Snap-on F-70, still works, needs a little more cleaning. And a Snap-on FV-70 missing the selection lever, got the rebuild kit on the way.

Side view of the Armstrong.

Always looking for Proto lazy S - let me know what ya gots :-) !

If you see anything in my pictures you're interested in and it's not Proto, then it's up for trade.

My wants list - http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=9096.0

Offline Tx308

« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2013, 08:41:48 PM »
A couple of 1/4 drive from my collection.

Bottom is a JH Williams M-52, very nice fine tooth rat (60).
Top is a little jewel I picked up for a buck at a second hand store. Marked - NAPA USA on top and on bottom NHTNGRM46 and what I believe is a stylized M. This little NAPA just feels right in my hand, it is fine tooth (60) and has quick release. I prefer it to the Williams and when I reach for one to use the NAPA is the one most often in my hand. Would love to find a 3/8 version.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:44:01 PM by Tx308 »

If you see anything in my pictures you're interested in and it's not Proto, then it's up for trade.

Offline mrchuck

• Contributor
  • retired Federal LEO Ranger
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2013, 08:14:37 AM »
That NAPA is a beaut!
First one I have seen, and I have many ratchets to choose from. Is it a current stock at NAPA?
Molon Labe

Offline Tx308

« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2013, 07:22:20 AM »
Mrchuck - I have not found it in NAPAs website. Really wish I could though because then maybe I could find the same style in 3/8.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #190 on: November 11, 2013, 04:47:59 PM »
Here's another more recent acquisition. Indestro 2875, quarter inch drive. About 50 clicks or so around. I don't often see the little ones by Indestro, usually the bigger brothers. I have a few more, but I have fallen behind on the pictures. Winter is coming, I'll get caught up.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2013, 03:34:03 PM »
Nothing unusual here... last of the USA models. Got it cheap, couldn't pass it up.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2013, 03:36:03 PM »
Duro Chrome with the name stamped around the handle end instead of along the shaft. It's a bit scuffed up but the number appears to be 4475 or something along those lines. Somebody help me out here.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:57:48 PM by kxxr »

Offline kxxr

« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »
Group photo. I know, not the stuff we usually seek out, but handy nonetheless. Stanley on the left, generics in the middle and a good ol' NAPA on the right. All good sturdy users.

Offline international3414

• Contributor
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2013, 05:16:58 PM »
this one i use most of the time.STC(not sure who that is)....found this several years ago under the hood of my sisters car....thats my story and i'm sticking to it!...3/8 fine tooth