Author Topic: What the hell are these things  (Read 18525 times)

Offline 1930

• Contributor
What the hell are these things
« on: August 30, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »
 :grin:

I should know the 2 things farthest left, I have see them before but maybe when I did see them before I didnt have a clue what they were.

Middle thing same as above

Farthest right is a Kent Moore tool 33081 B Google says its a cam tool but the picture given does not match my item.

Thanks

Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline international3414

• Contributor
Re: What the hell are these things
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
you know the stud remover?

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
Two items on the left are the center section of a two jaw puller. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 12:19:18 PM »
The two leftmost look like parts of pullers to me (but I've been correctly so much of late I'm fully expecting someone will come along and protest they're a hamburger press instead  :cheesy:)

The tool to the right has a mate on Ebay.  The auction description states it is a "Advanced Cam Plug Seal Installer"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KENT-MOORE-TOOL-J-33081-ADVANCE-CAM-PLUG-SEAL-INSTALLER-A95-/301062632279
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 12:23:23 PM »
Two items on the left are the center section of a two jaw puller.
Are you sure they are not tuning forks, they do make a very nice ring.
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 12:24:14 PM »
The two leftmost look like parts of pullers to me (but I've been correctly so much of late I'm fully expecting someone will come along and protest they're a hamburger press instead  :cheesy:)

The tool to the right has a mate on Ebay.  The auction description states it is a "Advanced Cam Plug Seal Installer"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KENT-MOORE-TOOL-J-33081-ADVANCE-CAM-PLUG-SEAL-INSTALLER-A95-/301062632279
Drats, I prob. threw out the other piece not knowing what it was

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 12:25:14 PM »
I would say the two items on the left are the center sections of two different two jaw pullers, but maybe I've never seen a puller design that uses both of those parts together.  The second from left looks like a variation of a steering wheel puller - bolts go through the slots into a threaded bit on the wheel; these are useful for far more than just steering wheels.

Third from the left is, as International3414 indicates, a stud remover, clamping down on the stud to pull it and destroying the exposed stud threads in the process.

The one at the right's a mystery to me.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
Can anyone provide a picture of the pullers assembled, maybe then I can pinpoint the missing pieces.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 12:38:12 PM »
I would say the two items on the left are the center sections of two different two jaw pullers, but maybe I've never seen a puller design that uses both of those parts together.  The second from left looks like a variation of a steering wheel puller - bolts go through the slots into a threaded bit on the wheel; these are useful for far more than just steering wheels.

Third from the left is, as International3414 indicates, a stud remover, clamping down on the stud to pull it and destroying the exposed stud threads in the process.

The one at the right's a mystery to me.
Quote: Third from the left is, as International3414 indicates, a stud remover, clamping down on the stud to pull it and destroying the exposed stud threads in the process.

Really, I would never had guessed that, would like to see it in action to get a clearer idea

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 01:18:47 PM »
Lower left, could this be a valve tool?

Right side patent number 3, 807,530 I get nothing using google

Top: Not sure why he collected these ( what I call ) thumbscrews. There may be more out there.

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 01:48:24 PM »
Quote: Third from the left is, as International3414 indicates, a stud remover, clamping down on the stud to pull it and destroying the exposed stud threads in the process.

Really, I would never had guessed that, would like to see it in action to get a clearer idea
Take a bolt - 3/8" would be about right, from  the photo - and insert it in one of the holes, from the bottom (the bottom being the side visible in your photo).  Then use the female drive on top to move the knurled wheel into the bolt.  With a little experimentation, you'll see which way it would need to be set up to clamp onto a stud.  You then just exert pressure with a square drive handle of some kind until the stud comes out (or breaks off below the surface, always fun).

There's another design that uses a wedge.  This design's easier to use, when you have the (not inconsiderable) room needed to make it work.

No certain idea on the new stuff you posted, but the puller looking thingie is for some light-duty pull.  Not sure exactly, although given the tie rod adjuster that you've posted on another thread, I'd wonder if this is some kind of puller-remover for tie rod ends or similar parts.  But I'm speculating like a Dutch tulip buyer here.

Offline amecks

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 02:35:48 PM »
A guess...the puller on bottom left - a battery terminal puller?

Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 02:59:34 PM »
The guy has alot of these things, this one is marked Mac E6. Doing a search on-line is no help.

They all have that end that looks like as if it was twisted off.

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
The guy has alot of these things, this one is marked Mac E6. Doing a search on-line is no help.

They all have that end that looks like as if it was twisted off.

I'd say that is an extractor.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline Charles Garrett

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 03:14:26 PM »
OOPS looks like the  tapered shoulder screws are solid head not socket head as I  first  thought.  Still could be used with puller. The puller X pieces shown have vertical pieces that are used to pull with and a screw goes in ctr and bears against the ctr of what ever you are trying to pull the other thing from.  The vertical pieces can have a hook on end that goes behind the pullee or some special end that takes the pictured screws that .are screwed into the pullee.  pulee is my  concoction cause I don't know what other word to use- could be a hub or pulley.  Chuck Garrett