Author Topic: check this out- bueller ltd  (Read 751 times)

Offline leach

check this out- bueller ltd
« on: June 13, 2013, 10:01:23 PM »
this is my find for the day lol i got lucky and this was given to me matallurgical apparatus  specimen mounting press
cat no.-1315
76-E
HEB-3-A on bottom made by Bueller ltd, found one on e-bay with diff- hydraulic jack on it
i think it used for testing metals in rock, with core samples than you heat the rock up and compress the metals out of it to see the quality.  i got the heater with it too,well any ways i think that is what it is used for . ok just wanted to show you all .

LEACH
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 11:04:00 PM by leach »

Offline mvwcnews

Re: check this out- bueller ltd
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 11:04:36 PM »
In 1953 THOMAS REGISTER :   Buehler, Ltd.  145 Wacker Drive, Chicago -- manufacturer of sample preparation equipment for the metallurgical laboratory -- cutters, grinders, presses, polishers & supplies.

Google books / advanced book search turns up all kinds of tantalizing snippets but due to copyright restrictions does not show whole pages, or any way to read the items on line.  One such snippet is from a 1954 issue of American Foundryman, offering a catalogue of Buehler equipment including a #1315 Specimen .... (end of snippet)
Perhaps one of the Tool Talk folks lives close to Ann Arbor & could do some research in the U. of Michigan's library, which has one of the best technology collections in the U.S.  (John Crerar Library in Chicago would also be good for this research.)