Author Topic: tools for sale  (Read 2463 times)

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
tools for sale
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:47:47 AM »
I have not been feeling to well lately and feel it is time to pass my collection of tools on .I would like to have all of the collection go at once.
 I have had several offers from persons that resell thru auctions but I feel that it is worth more and I will not give them away. I have over two hundred adjustable wrenches,over two hundred pliers one hindred doe&dbe. 50 hand drills,50 braces ,one hundred bits, fifty hammers . numerous measureing devises, some blacksmith tools andpower tools.I also have three work boxes ,three high full of craftsman tools some are from when I was a mechanic in 1952. they are ALL american made. to replace them today would be very costly The counts are estimated
but I have pictures of all but please do not ask for me to send them. i did that once and it cost me nearly 40 bucks  for ink and paper and i never heard from the fellow again,   pm me and maybe we could talk over the phone for more info   thanks   bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline 1930

• Contributor
Re: tools for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 05:12:32 AM »
I wish you luck Bob, when I start not feeling well I only hope to find someone that will love and appreciate my collections as I have done over the years. That is my best hope. Good luck with your search.
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 05:29:12 PM »
Ditto on 1930's wishes for your luck in finding willing buyers for your lifetime tool collection, Bob.

Offline oldtoolman

• oldtoolman.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 09:41:54 PM »
My wife looked in my garage a few years ago and said "if you die I am going to bring in a large dumpster and dump it all in"after I quit crying she said "why don't sell it,you aren't using it"so we started selling it and now I have to buy more to sell.check my web site. larry@oldtoolman.com   Larry
Larry Randall
larry@oldtoolman.com

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 05:26:10 PM »
>we started selling it and now I have to buy more

Ha! ... If only it were that easy.....
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline oldtoolman

• oldtoolman.com
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 10:45:09 PM »
it takes 3 of us to make it happen.  Larry
Larry Randall
larry@oldtoolman.com

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:18 AM »
Oh to live in York, Nebraska, or some other place West of here, where Missouri Valley Wrench Club holds its auctions. Then, nearer to our ends than now, disposal of our collected tools would be an easy thing - a short drive or two, from home to auction site.