Author Topic: Wright tools-----Keepers or Scrap Iron  (Read 15470 times)

Offline chopper1

Re: Wright tools-----Keepers or Scrap Iron
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:25 PM »
Took some pics of the 1963 set
Mike
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline lauver

• Belton, TX
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »
Thanks chopper.  That's just what I wanted to see.
Member of PHARTS - Pefect Handle Admiration, Restoration, and Torturing Society

Offline kxxr

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:47 PM »
Here's a Wright 1/2 drive N-11 tee that I just got today. I don't see a date code but I think maybe fairly early since the logo has
"Barberton-O-USA" on it. It is hard to photograph completely because of the way it is stamped.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:18:50 PM by kxxr »

Offline chopper1

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 08:40:40 PM »
I picked up a set of 1/2 dr Wright's off eBay only because all my Wright tools were 3/8 dr.
The pic's with the white background are from the auction and the black backgrounds are my pics.
I've never seen a Wright ratchet of this design before and it isn't shown on AA.  Also in the set was
a rare 12 pt 57/64 spark plug socket.  The breaker bar is a Speedmaster, made by Wright. 
All the 'Wright' pieces except the SP socket are dated -55, the SP socket is dated 9+.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:45:15 PM by chopper1 »
Mike
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline chopper1

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 08:41:56 PM »
The rest of the pic's.  They were too large for one posting.
Mike

Offline scottg

• Grandstaffworks Tools
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2011, 04:05:30 PM »
The Wright tootsie roll (and the regular handle of the same make),  are my all time second favorite ratchet.
 Williams (the older patterns) gets first of all in my book, but not by much!!
Wright is tight on their heels!!
  yours Scott

Offline Steve-o

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2011, 09:23:03 PM »
I think the wright tools are an excellent brand.A couple years back i bought 2 wright wrenches 1 1/8,and 1 1/4 for $1.00 ea.
beautiful shape from a flea market.I about had a bowel movement on that price. LOL  :)
It is what it is.

Offline Wrenchmensch

• Contributor
  • Wrenches tell of man's freedom to think
Re: Wright tool pictures
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2011, 05:00:38 PM »
These two pictures are taken from either side of the handle  of my Wright 10-inch easy-adjust monkey wrench. The pictures show the wrench was made by Wright Wrench Company of Tacoma, Washington and its patent date was March, 1904. The company's logo is shown in the second photograph.  Is this the same Wright company you guys are talking about?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:06:34 PM by Wrenchmensch »

Offline chopper1

Re: Wright tool pictures
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2011, 05:25:14 PM »
These two pictures are taken from either side of the handle  of my Wright 10-inch easy-adjust monkey wrench. The pictures show the wrench was made by Wright Wrench Company of Tacoma, Washington and its patent date was March, 1904. The company's logo is shown in the second photograph. Is this the same Wright company you guys are talking about?

I doubt it.  Wright Tool that made the wrench sets is and was manufactured in Barberton, Ohio.
Mike

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
 That quick adjust was made by  Wright Wrench and Forging Co. of Tacoma,Wa and Canton,Oh. Mar 15,1904 patent by Lewis Ash and Hiram Steward. Ken Cope has a good writeup on the west coast company.

Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench