Author Topic: repro Ford tool pouches  (Read 1715 times)

Offline strik9

repro Ford tool pouches
« on: August 28, 2012, 12:42:31 AM »
I've been working on making these a few weeks now.   I used heavy naugahyde and the one has a kevlar liner.   Not too original but it wears forever.
   The long pocket style pouch would be found in a '23 to '25 T and the the others would be the style found in the '26 and '27 T's as well as the A's and the N series tractors.

I still need to find and install the proper clasps and fill them with all the proper tools but that will come.   The guy who sewed these did a good job, they look great.  He was rewarded accordingly.

The early T tool rolls are coming but more research is needed to get the pocket sizes right.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:53:49 AM by strik9 »
The only bad tool is the one that couldn't finish the job.  Ironicly it may be the best tool for the next job.

Offline lauver

• Belton, TX
Re: repro Ford tool pouches
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 09:13:46 AM »
strik,

What's the long narrow one for? Jack & handle, tire irons?  Just curious...
Member of PHARTS - Pefect Handle Admiration, Restoration, and Torturing Society

Offline strik9

Re: repro Ford tool pouches
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »
That is 19" X 6" in a deep pocket form.    It held the tools for the '23 to '25 model years.   Not too many of the originals survived apparently because of the materials used at the time.   The next version is much more common.   It was used more years by far.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 01:46:23 PM by strik9 »
The only bad tool is the one that couldn't finish the job.  Ironicly it may be the best tool for the next job.