Author Topic: Vise-Grips 75th  (Read 2191 times)

Offline john k

• Contributor
Vise-Grips 75th
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:47:49 PM »
I have been told I live under a rock, or at least out back of the barn, and sometimes things get by me.  Today I spied a nice 5 inch Vise Grip pliers in a customers truck.  I had to go dust them off to see what was what.  Stamped in at the factory,  under the plating, in script big enough for a blind man (me) to see, was the Vise Grip logo, and 75th Anniversary, done sort of nice.  These were made in Nebraska, but don't see anything on the web, or the bay on an anniversary model.   Anyone have a pair in your tools?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Tool Pants

Re: Vise-Grips 75th
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:55:49 AM »
I have one.  It was from when Peterson still owned the company.  Bought it at my local ACE hardware about 2 years ago.  It had been sitting on the store shelf for a long time.  1999 would have been the 75th anniversity,  Also came gold plated in a walnut box.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/clt/2793410151.html
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 06:21:54 AM by Tool Pants »

Darren

Re: Vise-Grips 75th
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:29:51 AM »
Do you remember what you paid for the 75th Anniversary Vise-Grips from Ace?  I'm just curious as to what the going rate was for it back in 1999.  I have a pair that was given to me by a worker whose father worked at the DeWitt plant.