Author Topic: Picture Resizing  (Read 4264 times)

lzenglish

Picture Resizing
« on: May 01, 2011, 05:54:28 PM »
I see that our new site has a smaller picture size restriction. What was the name of the freeware photo resizing program, that is the most user friendly to use? I currently have kodak easyshare, and have my camera on the lowest pix setting, but I'm still unable to get the photos down below the size limit.

Thanks,

Wayne

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
Re: Picture Resizing
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »
I see that our new site has a smaller picture size restriction. What was the name of the freeware photo resizing program, that is the most user friendly to use? I currently have kodak easyshare, and have my camera on the lowest pix setting, but I'm still unable to get the photos down below the size limit.

Thanks,

Wayne
just upload to photobucket get img code and paste and post the site will automatically resize to fit.. atleast it did for me
i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »
Or go to www.irfanview.com and download their freeware.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

lzenglish

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 06:12:59 PM »
Or go to www.irfanview.com and download their freeware.

Ah Yes! That is the one you have mentioned before, but I never tried. I will download it now, and give it a shot! Thanks.

Wayne

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:27 PM »
If the picture you post shows as a thumbnail, it usually can be enlarged simply by clicking it.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 04:18:20 PM »
I can't post pics either /you know about old dogs and new tricks  bob w
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline chopper1

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 10:53:18 PM »
I use Picasa 3, it's a free download. You can edit using the'picknic' tab - cropping or re-sizing.  I have Kodak Easyshare and it isn't very 'edit friendly'.
Mike
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline scottg

• Grandstaffworks Tools
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 12:45:50 PM »
Its not totally free, but a program called U-lead photo suite is obsolete now (like me) and usually sells for about 5-10 bucks anywhere.
  Its very easy and very fast. I used it for years. No camera software or freeware I have tried compares.
Crop, resize, rotate,  control exposure, sharpness, contrast, saturation, all the regular stuff and honestly, not as much clutter about it (options I never use) as P-Shop does. 

I have a copy of Photoshop I was given (an old version),  but if that doesn't happen for you try
  Ulead.
   yours Scott