Author Topic: Well done? Medium Rare? Rare?  (Read 762 times)

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Well done? Medium Rare? Rare?
« on: August 08, 2022, 05:55:28 PM »
I had help finding the Patent Number on this one, but I can't seem to find anything else!!   Not a sold listing anywhere, not even a photo!!  1,026,040 William A Hyle
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Danks

Re: Well done? Medium Rare? Rare?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2022, 06:12:53 AM »
Very nice find, there is an image on DATAMP for that patent number but it shows a 1911 patent date which could be the earlier Canadian Patent CA-136,213 - Oct.17, 1911, William Andrew Hyle
Datamp has Barcalo -Buffalo as the manufacturer of this, but they only formed the business in 1914.
Speculation could imply that your"Find" could have been made by MacDonald and Sons, Ltd. - Toronto, ON Canada, the Assignee's listed on the Canadian patent prior to Barcalo manufacturing the unit after 1914.
Cheers

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 07:27:05 AM »
Hello, Danks. Thanks for the info. I will research the MacDonald & Sons from Canada!!

Offline Danks

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 05:58:56 PM »
Your welcome, let us know if you find any information on MacDonald & Sons from Canada. here is a modern variation of your "Great Find" from my collection. Cheers

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 07:21:35 PM »
Thanks for posting. I see yours says Stilsomatic. Anything to do with Stillson wrenches?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 07:58:51 AM by lptools »

Offline Danks

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 10:28:40 PM »
I doubt it, but it does have some similar Stillson attributes like Fixed Jaw on straight handle, hooked movable Jaw with adjustment thread along the shaft, adjustment done with a knurled cylindrical nut that is held captive in a cage. If you look up the patent  for this wrench (USPN- 2,555,395) it cites the patent number for you wrench (along with approx 10 other patents) as relevant prior art. Cheers