Author Topic: Old Case tractor manuals  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Black Betty

Old Case tractor manuals
« on: April 21, 2022, 01:32:48 PM »
Can someone please explain to me why I can't find many exact matches online of the old original Case tractor manuals I have? I have tried every way possible that I can think of to find them on the internet so I can price them and sell them but not have a whole lot of luck. Here are of a few that I'm having trouble with... The 300 series tractor, the 730-830 Comfort King Draft-o-matic tractor, and the 530 series tractor all published by the same company. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
Re: Old Case tractor manuals
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 04:30:14 PM »
Maybe nobody is selling them . pretty low demand.

Try " Smokestak" forum

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/#enginads-r-classified-ads.233
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline amecks

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 08:24:52 PM »
Have you tried ebay for pricing?  I see an original 730 830 operator manual for $23.  You have to scroll thru the results but you can usually find comparable items that will help you figure out what to charge.
Al
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Black Betty

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 01:20:52 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I was using eBay quite a bit but found myself scrolling forever trying to find the right one. I have a ton of tractor manuals, think I'm going to have to find a different way to go about selling them. They're not worth the headache. 🫤

Offline skipskip

• Contributor
  • Glenmont NY USA
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 10:27:17 AM »
I agree, I have stacks of really cool old paper , but no one is buying.

I assume its because you can find the info on line.

another old school idea who's time has passed

Skip
A place for everything and everything on the floor

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 03:05:28 PM »
I agree, I have stacks of really cool old paper , but no one is buying.

I assume its because you can find the info on line.

another old school idea who's time has passed

Skip

I'm sitting on piles of auto literature that once sold as soon as I posted it.
Lack of interest and online availability killed the market.
Younger car guys are mostly about modifying it , not keeping it original.
Try selling a hubcap for a 40-60's car, first thing they do is put different wheels and radial tires on it.
We used to have rotary dial phones at one time,  now nearly every one carries one in there pocket.
I do have 1 customer that still collects literature because he like reading it.
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline Black Betty

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 03:44:31 PM »
Hopefully I'll have better luck with the old headlight and tail light lenses and assemblies, window cranks, door handles and etc from old cars and trucks that I've been picking up out at my friend's salvage yard when I'm working out there. I guess if they don't sell I could make some sort of abstract lawn ornament out of them  :undecided:

Lisa

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 09:40:18 PM »
Not an exact match, but close.
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2022, 07:19:46 AM »
There are enough comparable (successful) historical Ebay sales to suggest somewhere in the $20 range would sell.  I do believe I could make quick work of researching, listing, and shipping them, and be in a position to make money @ $20/each WHEN they sell.  Ebay offers X number of free listing per month.  Old paper does sell.  I buy plenty, and some cost me much more than I'd want to pay.

I'd be interested in paper on the following:
vintage electrical testing equipment
Ford 3610 tractor
Ford 555B tractor
Ford 1100 tractor
'Farmall Super A and/or attachments
'65 & '66 Ford F350
Sears V-Twin lawn tractor
gravely garden tractor or implements 
Thorsen, Wizard, NYE Tool, and Ridgid tool catalogs.

Best of luck.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline Black Betty

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2022, 11:45:40 AM »
Unfortunately the only Ford vehicle manual I have is for 1945 trucks. I don't have any of the Ford tractor manuals that you are interested in. It's going to take me a while to get through all of the Farmall manuals I have but I'll start working on it this afternoon...it needs to get done anyways.

I have a untested C.E. Niehoff T-14 voltage regulator tester that is being used as a paper weight at the moment if you have any interest in that?

I have a decent size stack of manuals that I deemed "other" that I will have to go through and check for testing equipment and tool catalogs. I will message you if I come across anything on your list.

Thanks for your input and interest

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2022, 10:00:57 PM »
I have sold a lot of old paper on Ebay over the years.  Some of it sells and some doesn't.  On old manuals like you have, I usually put them in the 20-30 range with free media or first class shipping.  The people that still want them will pay that much for them.  If I think it could go higher, I will start it as an auction at 10.00 plus shipping.

One thing that has been working well for me lately is the Make an Offer feature.  If someone watches your Buy It Now item, you can send them an offer.  As soon as they are eligible, I send an offer.  A lot of people do not take the offer, probably because they are just people wanting a free appraisal (we call them the IGOTs at the flea market), but around 10 to 20% (it varies/fluctuates) do take it.

The IGOTs at the flea market always ask you the price and then say "I don't want to buy it, I got one at home and just want to know how much it is worth".  I have a friend who absolutely will not give a person a price on an item if he thinks they are an IGOT.  He will go around in circles with them until they leave.

Offline Black Betty

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2022, 03:16:29 PM »
Thank you for your input. I am having decent luck with selling on eBay and continue to try different avenues of selling on there. I have a Weidenhoff Duo Gap Winding Tester manual on there right now and that was a tough one to figure out. Once again, it was something I couldn't find much information on so I had to guess at a good starting price point.
With the tractor manuals, I have to find a better way to sell those... there's just too many of them and I don't have the time or energy to research them all. Really would be nice if I could use my dining room for something other than storage though. LOL

Offline camarint

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2023, 05:20:46 AM »
Have you considered reaching out to the folks at machinerydealer.co.uk? A few weeks back, a buddy of mine was looking for old Case manuals, and he actually got in touch with them. They provided some valuable guidance that helped him with his search.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 05:59:38 AM by camarint »

Offline camarint

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2023, 08:21:27 AM »
Those folks often have hidden gems in their personal collections or can point you in the right direction. Also, consider reaching out to local agricultural equipment enthusiasts or even antique tractor clubs; you never know who might have what you're looking for. And hey, if you happen to stumble upon any information about the trucks part you're hunting for, feel free to share it here.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 02:46:26 AM by camarint »

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2023, 07:33:16 PM »
Hello, camarint. Both of your suggestions look worth following up on!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society