Author Topic: Barn Sale nearby in Auburn NY  (Read 1397 times)

Offline amecks

Barn Sale nearby in Auburn NY
« on: May 08, 2021, 05:33:51 PM »
3 barns - one with a lot of tools.  An older working farm - loads of stuff from the 50's to present.  I spent an hour and a half - looking through box after box of wrenches and some of pliers.  Bought 21 items average cost just over $1 each.
As found photos...

Photos after cleanup...2 Bonaloy wrenches, Blue Point Supreme, little Snap-on and a Plomb

2 Superrenches, Owatonna Tool Co, McKaig-Hatch

2 Bridgeport - the inch/metric marked style, 4" Lectrolite adjustable very nice condition - a keeper (I'll sell the Utica 4 incher I have), 2 metric ABC Japan wrenches (I love these wrenches - been collecting them - they are nicely made and have very good chrome so they are usually in good condition.  I have metrics like these and some inch). and Mack truck pliers.

next is a Stahlwille metric and a KMC metric (another good Jap wrench), a metric Arctic Cat wrench, and a really nice Wards wrench which will be used in the toolkit of the Wards Riverside special motorcycle project I'm working on.

The pliers are Mack truck and one handle tip is a "screwdriver" type.

The Craftsman =V= set is a little rough.  The case hinges are blown out but the case appears straight.  Maybe I can fix it with new hinges.  Only one socket is missing.  The business end of the tools are slightly rusty and thus are not in the best usable condition.

I'll have to watch for another sale at this farm and visit again.  I just resigned my job at Bass Pro/Tracker Marine and am looking for a new job.  My social security is only enough to squeek by on.  I hope I can find a job as good as when I managed the service for the local Taylor Rental.  I applied today for maintenance mechanic position at an Auburn cemetery.  That would be good - the customers don't complain much.  Meanwhile I hope to supplement my income with good finds like this one!
Al

Al
Jordan, NY

Offline international3414

• Contributor
Re: Barn Sale nearby in Auburn NY
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 06:17:29 PM »
nice bunch...good luck with the cemetery...been working at one ,going on 18 years

Offline p_toad

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 09:56:31 PM »
nice finds.   wish you the best with getting a new job.    :smiley:

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 06:45:28 AM »
Good score!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline moparthug

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 11:18:49 AM »
The Mack pliers are my favorite in the group, great find!
Rogue River, OR.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 04:15:10 PM »
Great assortment! I think the Craftsman set is the pick of the litter.
Ratchet Guru

Offline PowderKeg

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 10:58:04 PM »
Like the Mack pliers & the Owatonna DOE, nice grabs.