Author Topic: distributer wrench  (Read 2101 times)

Offline woodsman22

distributer wrench
« on: October 05, 2019, 09:36:02 AM »
I have what appears to be a distributor wrench.  It is a male drive 3/8" shaft 4 1/2 inch long (Which requires a female square drive ratchet) with a 9/16" box end welded to the end.  The offset is double bend and is 2 1/4".  Overall height is 6 1/4"  The "9/16" on the box end is cast, not stamped.  Anyone have a clue as to the manufacturer?
Thanks, woodsman22 (Dave Freeman, Florida)

Offline Bill Houghton

Re: distributer wrench
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 11:21:56 AM »
Common pattern, and 1/3 of the total package.  The other two thirds would be another, similar but different L-shaped wrench (different size opening, subtly different offsets); and a female/female coupler that connected the two.  One would act as the leverage to operate the other; or you could insert your extension/ratchet handle/whatever into the coupler.  Here's a picture of a complete set, this one from GearWrench (somehow related to K-D tools):

I don't know how many companies made these, but my impression is "many."

Offline woodsman22

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 07:03:12 PM »
Thanks for your pictures and reply.  The one I have is like the second one down but without Chrome but it does have a light finish.  I'm also surprised yours is much newer but still has the male end.  I thought those disappeared decades ago. Dave

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 11:09:20 AM »
Not mine: some retailer's.  I guess there's still enough of a market for them that companies make them.  Kind of surprising.