Author Topic: Craig's List  (Read 2262 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
Craig's List
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:28:02 AM »
OK, so I just listed a bunch of different sets of Snap On tools on Craig's List.  I don't think too many persons are interested in fairly new snap on tools on this site. I took many persons advice and listed each group at half of the current retail price. As you know, I'm not to keen on persons coming to my house. I told persons that were interested to call me between 2-4PM  or call the hardware store from 4-6 PM.  I told persons they could call me after six, but I would probably be in my shop, so I told them to leave me a message.
     I included the model numbers of the snap on tools. I told them if they didn't know what the model numbers meant, they should go on the snap on web site. I said my prices were firm. I said they should come see the tools, if that was possible. I said they can return the tools (all of them, not just some of them) for a full refund minus the shipping cost that they would have to pay.
      I said I would only accept cash or a money order via the post office.
So, what do you folks think?  Please tell me I didn't screw up by doing this. However, if a week goes by and you don't hear from me..... you'll know an axe murderer came into my house and killed me...... worse then that, stole my tools!
No, in all honesty, do you folks think this was an ok thing to do.  I think you can see my posts/adds on craiglist under Charlottesville, VA.  So, if you have a chance, check it out and see if I've walked into a nightmare..... which, is a strong point of mine
cheers, thanks for your input and help, as always
bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Craig's List
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 03:55:51 AM »
I don't have a lot of experience with Craigslist, but the ads look pretty clear to me. I'd suggest you box up the wrenches and take them to the hardware store to show them to potential customers if the store will let you. No need to have any old yahoo coming to your house.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline johnsironsanctuary

• Contributor
  • Super Contributor and Geezer in training
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:28:23 AM »
Hi Bird, I looked at your ads. I don't know Snap-On numbers, so I went to the website and searched the first wrench number. I got it, but I think that some CL viewers won't bother and that means you lost em. It would probably be helpful if you said in the ad that it is an 11mm box open end combination. The ads are fine and I agree that the hardware store is a better meeting place than your home.  Good Luck! Those are some very nice pieces.
Keep on rambling, I really enjoy your posts.
John
Top monkey of the monkey wrench clan

Offline Ken W.

• CONTRIBUTOR
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 10:40:23 AM »
I sell stuff and buy on Craig's List.I get alot of no shows after they say they will be there in an hour.Just my opinion,but I would have to say you would be better off selling Snap On Tools on Ebay.You ship in a Flat rate box and it makes it easy.Snap On on Ebay sells and you usually get more than you would expect.

Offline 1930

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 11:03:01 AM »
I can top that, I get the no -shows and the transvestites.....not that anything is wrong with that ( OK there is )
Always looking for what interests me, anything early Dodge Brothers/Graham Brothers trucks ( pre 1932 or so ) and slant six / Super six parts.

Offline fflintstone

• Former master curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 02:42:12 PM »
newer snap on goes for stupid money on eBay. any SO tool @ 50% of retail should sell on CL but I would try eBay. you could put it on garage journal and it will sell to.

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »
I buy ( and use) newer Snap on. What do you have?
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/