Author Topic: Anyone in Seattle Who Would Like to Trade Some of Their Time For Some Tools?  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
I won a tool lot in a Goodwill auction. I only want part of it. I don't even know what is all there.

I usually call a ups store and have them pick up and ship my stuff if the seller thinks it is too much for them to handle. They will throw out stuff that isn't wanted sometimes. Some like tools and they get it. But in those cases I know what's there.

If there is stuff I don't want I usually make sure some of the stuff left is nice. That way the auctioneer can get someone else to take the leftovers.  I leave them the option of shipping the whole lot, regardless.

So, if you or someone you know is in Seattle, and would like some of the tools from  this lot, let me know. What I want is for the trade is less stuff to ship and dropping the rest off at the nearest ups store.

The Goodwill location information:

Seattle Goodwill
1400 South Lane Street
Seattle, WA, 98144

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
I got this mainly for the tool box.  :huh:

I'm not selfish.  One way I do this type of thing, to be fair, is to trade picks. Every other one.So I'm not going to cherry pick and leave someone with a pile of broken junk.

There could be a nice ol piece of steel in there........

Offline lauver

• Belton, TX
Chillylulu,

I'm not local to you so I can't help you with this arrangement.

But I noted an interesting tool in this lot; a light blue handle with a tapered sharpening stone attached.  Would you be interested in selling it?
Member of PHARTS - Pefect Handle Admiration, Restoration, and Torturing Society

Offline mrchuck

• Contributor
  • retired Federal LEO Ranger
Like the #47 anvil.
Let me know if you want to sell or trade.
Molon Labe

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
I've got ups picking it up - so we'll soon see what's in there. 

Lauver & Mrchuck - like I said, I'm not too good at selling, so when it comes in I'll give it to you, as long as it isn't one of the few things I was after, even then I am pretty easy.

What is the #47 anvil? I didn't see an anvil in there...

Chilly

Offline Twilight Fenrir

Chillylulu,

I'm not local to you so I can't help you with this arrangement.

But I noted an interesting tool in this lot; a light blue handle with a tapered sharpening stone attached.  Would you be interested in selling it?

Sorry to but in... but, as it happens, I picked up a similar sharpening stone in a similar lot of crap :P Mine is quite a bit larger, 14" in length including the red handle... Definitely something I'd trade for anything smithing related, or what have you, if you're interested in it.

It does have the one nick near the tip, visible in the picture, but appears to be all the damage it has.

Offline mrchuck

• Contributor
  • retired Federal LEO Ranger
Somehow, I found it in your photo album and thought it was part of your tools you just got.
No worries,,,,,,
Molon Labe