Author Topic: snapon/bluepoint stubby box end wrenches  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
snapon/bluepoint stubby box end wrenches
« on: May 05, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
looking for all size of the snapon/bluepoint brand stubby boxend wrenches in both  SAE and metric let me know if you have any
i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

Offline fliffy42

• Contributor
  • Leominster Massachusetts
Re: snapon/bluepoint stubby box end wrenches
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 07:37:01 PM »
I got some misc XS stuff here somewhere I will take a look and get back to ya
Looking for Bluepoint X & XD Series Box Wrenches

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 11:46:23 PM »
I got some misc XS stuff here somewhere I will take a look and get back to ya
thanks fliffy.

i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 12:30:48 AM »
looking for all size of the snapon/bluepoint brand stubby boxend wrenches in both  SAE and metric let me know if you have any
Hi there, I have a few sets of snap on wrenches, but I'm not sure if they are what you're looking for. First of all, I feel like a moron, because "stubby boxend wrenches" leaves me confused--- story of my life!!! I'm not sure if that means a wrench with an enclosed socket on either end of the wrench, or wrench that has an enclosed "socket" on one end, and an open wrench on the other side. ... Yeah, you'd think that the amount of time I spend with wrenches would result in a general understanding of terminology, but, I guess is hasn't turned out that way!!!!
      I'm guessing you're familiar with the snap on insane letter and number system. 
     I have a number of snap on wrenches that I call "double ended box wrenches".... they vary from offset angles of 60 degrees and lower. The numbers are as follows:
xsom1619  (which, I don't think they make anymore.... but, this wrench is brand new),
XB wrenches:
3440a

XS series:

I do have an oex set that's oex8- oex 58

and, I suppose the list goes on.  I don't know if any of the wrenches you wanted are on the list I just gave you.  Snap On wrenches are one of those things that you're proud to own, and are even happy to look at every day. But, the fact of the matter is that I'm not a mechanic, I'm a woodworker. I've collected these tools due to an addiction my dad and brother passed on to me.  (I always find someone to blame!!!!).
      Anyhow, I have a lot of other Snap on Wrenches. I have some old Blue Point wrenches, too. Well, I hope that you can find what you're looking for!  Anyhow, if you know a lot about Snap On history, I'd love to hear about it.
     But, let me know if you are interested in anything that I have or if I can help you find what you are looking for.
cheers, bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 09:25:19 AM »
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 07:57:18 PM »
Look here, Bird-
http://www.collectingsnapon.com/

Thanks, dear, a lot of good info there, ]
cheers, bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 08:34:36 PM »
 thanks for the offer bird  a few of those   i think are what im looking for ..  but its really gonna be come down to price for me so if you have a price  in mind pm me.. or maybe  we could  work out a trade or something.