Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 16405 times)

Offline Strongman79

Re: Introductions
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:36 PM »
Hi again, Im Rob and I live in Madison, Wisconsin. I got started collecting before I was in high school. I took a lengthy break due to high school and college but am now back in the game. I am most interested in farm implement wrenches and tools. Matter of fact, I just went to Kermit Ketelsen's auction yesterday in Cambridge, Illinois and brought home almost 30 new IH wrenches that I didn't have. So glad this site is back!

Offline benjy

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 01:31:51 PM »
wohoo its good to be back,,Benjy signing in,,i am a tomato grower,but have a healthy interest in vintage tools. mostly buying and selling as my shed is too small to keep them all
TOOL TALK MEMBER OF THE MONTH April 2012

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 07:17:47 PM »
umm ah whats there to say about myself

Um ime 16 an have a large intrest in antique tools. Currently ime in highschool but plan on joining the military after highschool. I live in the midwest as well.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline oldpicker

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
Hi, I go by Oldpicker. Real name Noel age 60 from Iowa. Always buying rusted and unusual tools and will be asking if you know what the heck is this? My wife and I enjoy picking for antiques to resell at garage sales and shops. Enjoy buying and selling for a hobby. Thanks in advance for info! Noel.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »
Hey Oldpicker- nice to have two Noels here, it is not a very common name. I have been Noel for 68 years!
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline lucakiki

• Contributor
Lucakiki
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2011, 05:44:18 PM »
Yes, I am the same lucakiki that posted on here before and purchased on here from some of the members.
My main interests are jeep tools and odd /old/ adjustable wrenches.
My nickname is the same on g503.com and on ebay.

Offline chopper1

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2011, 10:31:39 PM »
I'm glad to see Tool Talk up and running again :)
Retired after 37 years as a mechanical engineer/product manager from a large industrial combustion company now owned by the French.
Active street rodder and wrench on my old stuff.  Am a toolaholic, addicted to flea markets/estate & garage sales and Coca Cola collector.
Mike
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 11:38:07 PM »
As my username says, I'm a fan of Bonney tools. I think that they were some of the best hand tools ever made.
Glad to see the site up and running again, and the new format is great. Looking to reconnect with all of you!
Ratchet Guru

Offline 64longstep/Brian

• Contributor
  • Phoenix Arizona
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 11:58:33 PM »
Howdy Bunnyman, Glad you made it...
If all else fails use a bigger hammer…
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2011, 09:16:05 AM »
I agree with everyone else, glad to see we are back up again. I was also on here before. My main interests are screw arm plow planes and odd, rare, quick adjust and unsuual adjustable wrenches. If it is unusual and tool related I'll be looking.

I am another North Eastern PA person. North Eastern Bucks County PA.

Has anyone ever seen another T. W. Fisher's patent pipe wrench like my avatar? February 18, 1890 patent date.

Offline crankshaftdan II

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2011, 09:44:53 AM »
Hi:
Glad to see everything up and running after the "Meltdown".  I was starting to have "Tool Withdrawal Pains" waiting for the forum to come back on line.  My formal intro is I'm a 65 year old-retired shop worker after 34 years-2.5 years removed and loving every free moment of it.  Dedicated Tool Aholic-been buying, selling, trading for 35 + years.  Been trying to prune down the surplus as  space is at a premium.  Currently on a collect "Ratchets" USA and Truecraft(Japan) campaign.  Awaiting some warmer weather for estate-yard sales so I can pacify my quest for more Rats!  Please feel free to e-mail or PM me if you are looking for wrenches, screwdrivers, precision tools. old rusty stuff, sockets-bits & pieces, the list goes on & on.  I may or may-not have what you are interested in-never hurts to ask??  Happy to see Pawpaws up & at um again!!!     Cranky
E-mail address  dhdslimbow@yahoo.com
Looking for USA made ratchets-all sizes-drives and lengths  also S-K SuperKrome wrenches ditto.  Like to trade vs buy run it past me-nothing is cut in stone!

Offline humber2

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2011, 07:23:37 PM »
I'm back in, there's too much combined knowledge available from here to ignore.

I have a large Whitworth wrench collection from most of the Worlds suppliers.

Offline J.A.F.E.

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2011, 09:54:55 PM »
Lewill2 do you have a larger pic of your avatar? Hard for me to make out on my screen.
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline fliffy42

• Contributor
  • Leominster Massachusetts
fliffy42
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
Hey Its me, fliffy42 (aka Cliff). For those that dont know me I am a 48 year old grandfather of 12 with a couple more on the way. I am addicted to the hunt for tools. When I am not hoarding them for myself I am buying selling and trading. I have been married & divorced a couple time but it looks like I have finally found someone to live happily ever after with. Her name is Karen and she is pretty tolerant of my tool fetish. She even has a good eye for finding tools I sometimes overlook at yard sales & flea markets too. Anyway, glad that TT is back on the air!

ps.... my avatar happens to be one of my granddaughters with one of the magnifying glasses I use when trying to read the fine print we often find on old tools lol!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 07:06:07 PM by fliffy42 »
Looking for Bluepoint X & XD Series Box Wrenches

Offline Lookin4_67Galaxieconv

• Atlanta, Georgia
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 11:06:54 PM »
Hello, I introduced myself in a separate thread, but will do so here as well.  I was a member of the old Tool Talk site.  I collect old tools, and old toolboxes to put them in.  What I'm eventually going to do with all these tools and toolboxes will be something for my heirs to sort out.
Old tool collector, evaporust dunker, wire wheeler, tool box restorer