Author Topic: Dowidat doe wrench No.6 23mm & 20 mm. has small brass hammer on 20mm  (Read 2635 times)

Offline RWalters

Re: Dowidat doe wrench No.6 23mm & 20 mm. has small brass hammer on 20mm
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 04:04:36 PM »
I got that too on FLIS. If you look close, it's giving you NSN 5970-01-033-0324, the plastic bushing, not NSN 4933-01-033-0324. In other words, the closest match it came up with was the same country of origin code, same serial number, different FSC. My guess is once an item is discontinued, it no longer shows up on FLIS and if you search for it you get the closest numerical match.

Offline rusty

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 04:52:21 PM »
nsn-now also says it is a bushing, is obsolete, and replaced by another number (5970-00-451-5970) which is also a bushing.
The prefix number is odd for a tool, usually the prefix is a tool prefix even when it goes on some system (like armament)

hmm..
(flis does seem a bit confused)
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline RWalters

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 07:02:27 PM »
rusty,
Not to be argumentative, but if you go to www.FarSmarterBids.com there is a link about midway down the left hand side of the home page that says FSC Codes, from there you can get to a list of all the FSC Codes. 49 is the Federal Supply Group code for Maintenance and Repair Shop Equipment and under that 4933 is the FSC code for Weapons Maintenance and Repair Shop Specialized Equipment. This still presumes that the GJ poster has the same wrench as mrchuck and transcribed the NSN number accurately. As for NSN Now, I'm not that familiar with the site, but I would guess it has the same limitations as FLIS, if an item is no longer in the supply chain, you won't find it there. I don't know of any website to search "dead" NSN numbers. My guess is that the wrench was factory built for a purpose, likely military, that was pretty obscure and is now obsolete. The fact that nobody here recognises it says a lot.