Author Topic: PAY IT FORWARD -- Tool Giveaway/Exchange  (Read 156859 times)

Offline oldtools

• Keep OldTools alive by giving them a purpose
Re: PAY IT FORWARD -- Tool Giveaway/Exchange
« Reply #480 on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:28 AM »
Sorry guys, Twertsy didn't get the tools, I gave it to Red vice... (no one wanted the Japan hex drive set) & Red vice gave to Junk-man already...

But Mr. Chuck got that nice 17 piece set from Twertsy, so I think MrChuck should have something posted...
Aloha!  the OldTool guy
Master Monkey Wrench Scaler

Offline mrchuck

• Contributor
  • retired Federal LEO Ranger
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2015, 05:40:36 PM »
OK with me. Glad I got online and read the mail.
I'll go to the shop and find something!
Molon Labe

Offline JUNK-MAN

« Reply #482 on: August 05, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »
Did you find something mrchuck? I'm waiting on you to post before I post another round of stuff because no one wants my wrenches.

Offline mrchuck

• Contributor
  • retired Federal LEO Ranger
« Reply #483 on: August 09, 2015, 01:32:22 PM »
Pass me by this time. I just gave away a tool and 13 bucks on shipping.
Molon Labe

Offline oldtools

• Keep OldTools alive by giving them a purpose
« Reply #484 on: August 10, 2015, 10:58:15 PM »
So who did you give the tool to? so they can continue the "Exchange"...
Aloha!  the OldTool guy
Master Monkey Wrench Scaler

Offline HeelSpur

• Contributor
« Reply #485 on: August 18, 2015, 06:04:13 PM »
I picked up an extra Andree Basin Wrench, its up for grabs so lets keep this going.

RooK E

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #486 on: August 19, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »
Dang!  That's a nice one!  I don't happen to need it, but I appreciate its beauty.

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #487 on: September 16, 2015, 10:48:41 AM »
Did the momentum get lost on this thread?

When JessEm proposed this exchange, way back up there in his first post (two years ago!), he suggested the following rules:

The rules are simple. First person to reply "I'll take it" gets it. That person then pays it forward by offering something. And on it goes. The giver is responsible for shipping. If an item is unclaimed after 14 days, the giver must offer a new item. The idea is to keep the thread going...

All members are welcome to play. Just remember that when you take something, you have to give something!

I think this one's stalled because the last items posted didn't get takers.  It'd be nice to see this one start up again.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #488 on: September 16, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »
To get this going again and to issue a challenge-
Here is a nesting set of Sherman Klove box end wrenches.
I am not sure what size is missing, if one really is. The pin seems to be correct since it is stepped, but the wing nut is probably not. When assembled, there seems to be room for one more wrench. The sizes I have are-
7/16 x 3/8
9/16 x 1/2
11/16 x 5/8

7/8 x 13/16

1" x 15/16
The challenge is to find out if there really is one missing, and to report if found.
Weighs 15 ounces, so it will be in a Flat Rate Box.

Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #489 on: September 22, 2015, 08:16:25 PM »
I'm in -  I have been looking for more of those forever. And I havent ever seen the correct pin.

I'm going out to find something nice to try and compare with Papaw's offering.

Chilly

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #490 on: September 22, 2015, 09:34:54 PM »
Alright! We'll get this back on track!

Offline JUNK-MAN

« Reply #491 on: September 24, 2015, 10:22:21 AM »
Should I post up something?

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #492 on: September 24, 2015, 11:31:19 AM »
The exchange has been restarted with my offering and Chilly claimed it. He will offer something soon.

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #493 on: September 26, 2015, 03:41:24 PM »
OK Everyone, sorry for the delay- I have been searching for the right things for the last few days, and I think I found some. I was also delayed in my search by a new grand-daughter born Wednesday. That’s two in the last 6 weeks and a son’s wedding! (Plus surgery last night, the kind I get every 12 weeks to put a block in my spine.) And I booked about a fifth of my years sales last week. I had a great week, but I am still catching up.

I opened Papaws package just now and here it is with the missing wrench:  :grin:

It was perfect – I had most, but not the complete set. I didn’t have the stepped bolt, and a couple of the wrenches had been over-used and had ripped open.  I have an affinity for S-K tools and they are my personal users.

I will be posting at 8PM Mountain time zone tonight and I think it will go quick.  One of my previous give-away exchanges took a while, but another only took a minute and a half. So that’s 4 AM tomorrow (I think) for billman, 10PM for you out East, 9 PM for Central Timers, and 7PM on the west coast. Oldtools will be at 4PM in Honolulu.

I plan on offering a choice, with something for classic car tools, antique tools, woodworking tools, metalworking tools, classic power tools, and 6 inch and under tools – something from each forum except farm tools (but I may come up with something else for that, too!)  I’ll probably save the other items not chose for future sharing.  There will be more in the box than what is shown, too.  I know that one item will be tens of millions of years old and dead (it doesn’t smell.)

Personal thoughts / rant:

I feel that this thread should be something more special than unloading the extra stuff you got in a lot of auction tools. Papaw set the example with the Sherman Klove auto-kit.  I say – offer the best you can, if you can. Don’t look at this as making a great score or trade – that’s not the point. If anything it’s a great opportunity to share a great deal that we didn’t necessarily need – but couldn’t pass up.

I’m not saying that you should spend money that you don’t have or that you shouldn’t jump in if you don’t have something nice or interesting to offer. We’ve read comments from people who liked something but thought they couldn’t participate if they couldn’t reciprocate.  If you see something you can use or that you like, go for it. Maybe after you think about it you could put together a little something, or maybe a grouping. Something hand made by other members is always nice to include.  If you try to but can’t think of anything to put up, let the forum know and someone will step up. If you don’t want to put it out there in front of the whole group, PM Papaw or me or someone and they’ll take care of it or find someone else who will. If you PM me, copy Papaw because I’m not always here as much as I would like to be.

There have been some really cool items (IMHO) that have sat for a while – and very rarely there have been some items offered that were a little less well thought out. Everyone take this in the spirit of fun and sharing it is meant for. This forum, somewhat anonymous as it is, is great for sharing thoughts, knowledge, insight, caring and friendship.

Chilly
(hopping down off his high horse [at the grocer store])

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #494 on: September 26, 2015, 09:02:17 PM »
Typing slow, need 10-15 more mins...

Chilly