Author Topic: BRINLY PLOW wrench with diff marking...Bus??  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Carl Wagner

BRINLY PLOW wrench with diff marking...Bus??
« on: August 19, 2013, 12:11:12 PM »
Bus shows this wrench marked BRINLY PLOWS on the website. This one is marked PLOW. No "S". Any thoughts? I know its very rare. CW
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:25:44 PM by Carl Wagner »
Life is hard. Its harder if your stupid.- John Wayne

Offline Bus

• Contributor
    • The Wrenchingnews
Re: BRINLY PLOW wrench with diff marking...Bus??
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:26:53 PM »
Sold one without the "S" on the Friedman Auction (Lot No. 24), Either variant would be very rare.

Offline Carl Wagner

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 01:35:31 PM »
Thanks Bus. This one was found at the Springfield, MO Car swap meet this wknd, I knew it was rare and the $10 price tag made it even sweeter. Thanks again for your help. Your the go to guy on the rare stuff and a huge asset to the site.

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
I know there is no real science or formula to it....but....

What would one consider the general market value of wrenches today compared to the Friedman auction in 2006? Can we go by a percentage? I had been figuring about 1/2 or less compared to Russ Marshall's in 2001. I realize there are exceptions to any rule too. Just wondering what the market is like there these days.

I don't mean ebay value either, I mean if we sent the wrenches out to the sales in York now.

Offline Carl Wagner

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »
Far less than Russ Marshals sale. Take the $350 Studebaker buggy wtench. Worth about $15 today. I think the general thought is that his sale was a fluke. Right sale at the right time.

Offline rustcollector

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 12:26:56 PM »
Far less than Russ Marshals sale. Take the $350 Studebaker buggy wtench. Worth about $15 today. I think the general thought is that his sale was a fluke. Right sale at the right time.

I was just wondering if there is a general rule of thumb , so to speak. Worst thing Rathbone did in any of his books is include that sale in the guides. We need more of the cast iron seat scale of rarity with wrenches.  Come on Bus, you can get cracking on that one...lol