Author Topic: Trade for user tools needed for school  (Read 8159 times)

Offline Nolatoolguy

Trade for user tools needed for school
« on: August 16, 2013, 02:26:49 PM »
I got most of the basic hand tools I need for welding school. Alot of them I had some I bought. There is just several more tools I need, the list they gave me is very specific. I prefer to trade as I already am paying for classes and books.

All that's left is....

- Vise grips, 10, and 7 inch standard and long reach( I have some but need more)

- plastic dead blow Mallet

- 8 inch C clamps, 2 more of them

- welding fillet guage

- teloscoping depth guage

- 2 inch width carbon scraper

-rolling head pry bar

-" additional tools of the welding trade are highly urged, but not mandatory"

Please feel free to ask any questions.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:53:20 PM by Nolatoolguy »
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline JessEm

• MinneSNOWta
Re: Trade for user tools needed for school
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:11:04 PM »
What's the purpose of a Rolling Head Pry Bar in welding?
Vintage Power Tools WANTED: Porter Cable 500 belt sander, beam saws (circular saws with 10"+ blades) including Mall Saw 120, Skil 127, Makita 5402A & 8190039, B&D, ETC...

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »
What's the purpose of a Rolling Head Pry Bar in welding?

Good question, I wondered the same. I am also taking a basic machining class as well. It's on the list we were given. I just said hmm that's strange. Maybe for projects we gotta do.
~Lee Greenwood

Offline JessEm

• MinneSNOWta
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »
I have these vise-grips. 8 to be exact... 2 are missing the spring inside but they still work. They just don't spring open on their own when released. If it's too annoying I'm 99% positive ACE Hardware has them in the nuts & bolts section for about $1.

I'm trying to think of what I need... Do you have any drill press vises? ... Or maybe a 3-way trade if someone wants some of your wrenches, and they have a DP vise to trade?
Vintage Power Tools WANTED: Porter Cable 500 belt sander, beam saws (circular saws with 10"+ blades) including Mall Saw 120, Skil 127, Makita 5402A & 8190039, B&D, ETC...

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 06:42:20 PM »
JessEm, What size drill press vise are you looking for, and how soon do you need it?

Nola, How soon do you need your tools?  I won't be back in FL until late Oct. but I have some of what you need.

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 06:57:41 PM »
I just got the list and my books today( second day we could), class starts Monday but tools aren't needed until September 3rd. Having the required tools is part of the grade.

Jessem I am intrested in your vice gripes, any way we can combine a few wrenches( you can never have enough) and a little cash. If so send me a private message.

Mikeswrenches I wish I had more time
~Lee Greenwood

Offline JessEm

• MinneSNOWta
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 07:27:23 PM »
JessEm, What size drill press vise are you looking for, and how soon do you need it?

I'm in no hurry, mikeswrenches... Not looking for a particular size. Just looking for SOMETHING to use on my drill press sometimes... If it articulated or turned, that would be nice... My ideal DPV would be an older Craftsman to match my drill press, but that's in a perfect world...

Notatoolguy, If it sounds like mikeswrenches and I can work out something for a drill press vice down the road, and you guys can work something out, I'm not opposed to just sending you the clamps ahead of time so you have them...

Offline HeelSpur

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 07:47:24 PM »
I'm hitting the flea markets tomorrow are you particular about brands or will any brand work?
RooK E

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 07:56:44 PM »
I'm hitting the flea markets tomorrow are you particular about brands or will any brand work?

I Should of said

Any quality american made brands.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 06:51:15 AM by Nolatoolguy »
~Lee Greenwood

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 05:25:00 AM »
Howdy Neil!

I will send you the 6" Channel Locks (water pump pliers) and 6" Needle Nose.  It will be in the mail Monday.  Address on file.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline oldtools

• Keep OldTools alive by giving them a purpose
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 07:26:29 AM »
What is a "teloscoping depth guage "??  The "telescoping gauge" or (Snap gage) is used for ID/bore readings not depth.. A Depth gage can be Dial indicator, digital, ruler, micrometer, pit, tire, etc. but I don't see any telocoping depth guage. check your list...
Aloha!  the OldTool guy
Master Monkey Wrench Scaler

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 08:02:23 AM »
What is a "teloscoping depth guage "??  The "telescoping gauge" or (Snap gage) is used for ID/bore readings not depth.. A Depth gage can be Dial indicator, digital, ruler, micrometer, pit, tire, etc. but I don't see any telocoping depth guage. check your list...

One of these below, as in the link.

It sais it needs to measure depths up to 6" I have all the other machinest measuring tools needed but not this one.

http://www.starrett.com/metrology/metrology-products/precision-measuring-tools/hole-slot-gages/Telescoping-Gages#itemsPerPage=24&currentPage=1&displayMode=grid&sortBy=none/asc

~Lee Greenwood

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2013, 08:08:55 AM »

I'm in no hurry, mikeswrenches... Not looking for a particular size. Just looking for SOMETHING to use on my drill press sometimes... If it articulated or turned, that would be nice... My ideal DPV would be an older Craftsman to match my drill press, but that's in a perfect world...

Notatoolguy, If it sounds like mikeswrenches and I can work out something for a drill press vice down the road, and you guys can work something out, I'm not opposed to just sending you the clamps ahead of time so you have them...

That would be great, if you two don't mind and I have something that mikes wrenches has it would work out great.

~Lee Greenwood

Offline Branson

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 09:25:04 AM »
>-Ball pein hammer 32, an 10 ounce

Just for clarity, does this mean you need a 10 ounce and a 32 ounce?  I can check through my hammers and see if  I have one or two.

Offline Nolatoolguy

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 09:38:34 AM »
>-Ball pein hammer 32, an 10 ounce

Just for clarity, does this mean you need a 10 ounce and a 32 ounce?  I can check through my hammers and see if  I have one or two.

Yes, I need a 10 ounce and a 32 ounce hammers that are ball pein style. I already have a dead blow mallet and a enginears hammer.

A few people I have talked to that have started the classes already and one friend who completed it said they are very select at what you need and don't waste time. They have been known to kick people out of a class for not having the correct hammer. I see where there coming from thoe. On the flip side there a great school.

~Lee Greenwood