Author Topic: Henry Cheney Hammer Company  (Read 14738 times)

Offline jtc

• Henry Cheney Hammer Company
Re: Henry Cheney Hammer Company
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »
Branson,

>I call that a happy attitude -- having more to learn, I think, keeps one young.  There's always new knowledge to gain.

And there's yet more to be gained by sharing this knowledge -- we learn from each other.

>I wrote to the Tool Exchange folks and tossed the question back to them of what's with the cruciform slot, and why does it only show up on the plain face hammers.  We'll see if they can give us any answers.

Please ask them about the Flag Brand! Any clues would be helpful.

Jeff

Offline jtc

• Henry Cheney Hammer Company
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »
Ietech,

>I really enjoy the history in this thread on Cheney hammers and what was behind it all -- amazing research from the OP I am impressed.

Thanks! I was frustrated when the only descriptions I could find were three or four sentences. The positive feedback I've gotten from this forum has encouraged me to keep digging. Sometimes it's a bit challenging to decide what to leave out and what to keep in. There's lots of fascinating history around the people involved and the times they lived in.

Jeff

Offline Branson

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »
Checked it on line.  Yes, the Victoria was a Ford made in Canada.

Offline Ietech

• "OLD GUYS RULE"
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
Checked it on line.  Yes, the Victoria was a Ford made in Canada.

Thanks Branson I thought in might have been mmade somewhere other than the USA  ---
Newest member of PHARTS -  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society