Author Topic: Posting Pictures  (Read 49309 times)

Offline WiebeLC

Re: Posting Pictures
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 02:19:44 PM »
Is there any way to post pictures onto the forum from an iPad? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Offline rusty

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »

The default web browser on the iPad (as of 2011 anyhow) can't upload files/pictures.
A different browser app like iCab may help, but it is messy.....

Aside from installing the new browser, you have to figure out how to get the pictures into the new browsers filespace (iPad apps all have seperate files, they don't share ;P)

There may be other, better ways to address this now....dunno....
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 04:27:19 PM »
If you can get the url, you can do it. Or if it is hosted somewhere like Photobucket, Flickr, etc. , then you can get the image code and post that way.
I know nothing about Iphones.  Is a picture on an Iphone clickable? Can you get the image info of it, copy and paste?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:28:59 PM by Papaw »
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline oldtools

• Keep OldTools alive by giving them a purpose
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 08:29:36 PM »
How can I past a photo in PM? I see the insert image, but don't know how to convert my photos in computer to URL?
Aloha!  the OldTool guy
Master Monkey Wrench Scaler

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 10:43:06 PM »
In a PM the pictures would have to have a url. Hosted on another site or posted somewhere so you can get one.
Picasa, Photobucket, Flickr, etc.

Offline Art Rafael

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »
I just now found this string.  It has been very interesting and informative and will make life easier.  Thank you.  Ralph

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 05:36:55 PM »
More suggestions for those having trouble posting pictures. This is a server issue that I can't avoid bnecause the forum software is free and shares servers with many users.
The below info is from Simple Machines, the forum software provider for Tool Talk.
http://www.smfsupport.com/support/guides-and-tutorials/%28guide%29-how-to-addupload-an-image-to-a-post/

Offline bear_man

Re: Posting Pictures (from Mac)
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2014, 02:22:44 AM »
Hmm…  This isn't a "reply" but a question. I drive a 2009 MacBook Pro and "film" with a Nikon Coolpix 5600. I forget the format of the images that are loaded into iPhoto but I've emailed two to myself, saved them in JPG/JPEG to my desktop, and opened them in Preview.  I can't figure out any way to resize them to 640 X 480 pixels so I can post them in here. And while I'm not a Luddite, I avoid things like FaceBook, PhotoBucket and so on — I really just want to do this with the software that came with my Mac.  The KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) principle, if you will? Any help would be very much appreciated — and thank you.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 03:21:08 AM »
I know little to nothing about using a MAC, but this looks simple enough- Resizing in PREVIEW-
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/easy-ways-resize-photos-mac/

Offline bear_man

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 11:44:36 PM »
Thanks, Papaw.  Now to diddle with the ideas.

Offline jpaz

• Home page
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 04:19:02 AM »
.......... I know nothing about Iphones.  Is a picture on an Iphone clickable? Can you get the image info of it, copy and paste?
A simple, if not exactly elegant, way to capture and upload pics from an Iphone:

1. Click on the Camera Roll icon on your Iphone and select the image.

2. Tap on the image to reveal the selection bar at the bottom of the screen.

3. Click on the the rectangular box with the up arrow to reveal the image destination selection screen.

4. Select "Mail" - select your-email  name (on your home computer) from your contact list

5. Send the pic to yourself (recommend medium size for speed of delivery - but you can use larger size if you wish).

6. Open your e-mail program on your home computer - click on message - right click on image and save it in your regular pic folder

7. Manipulate image as desired (irfanview is great) and upload it to the Forum in the usual way.

Of course you can use the above procedure to save any of your images on your home computer.

James
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 09:31:22 AM by jpaz »

Offline Okey dokey

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 09:15:51 AM »
Well hi and yes I'm a newbie - joined today - found it hard and frustrating to get an image down to 250kb - almost gave up.
Tried one of the suggested free download sites and yes it downloaded but couldn't get it to work for me.
I found a paint.net programme installed by default on my pc - I think its a free download, it was easy to open an image and then reduce it to any size you like and a piece of cake to make it fit the forum rules. Hope this is helpful to others, regards

Offline rr

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 02:48:49 PM »
Well I tried to start a post ,but was unable to post the pictures .after many tries I gave up . It seems as though my pic files are too large . I did down load the infanview software but ,unable to make it work . the pictures files are on the puter .will try again .

Offline international3414

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2018, 03:13:01 PM »
i use what came with windows 10,only took me a year to figure it out,change them to pixels usually size 800 x 600 :rolleyes:...almost got excited first time it worked :grin:

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2018, 04:25:44 PM »
Well I tried to start a post ,but was unable to post the pictures .after many tries I gave up . It seems as though my pic files are too large . I did down load the infanview software but ,unable to make it work . the pictures files are on the puter .will try again .

After you have your picture in irfanview, go to "Image" and in the drop down , find "Resize/Resample and choose 604 x 480 or 480 x 600  and save the picture with the same file name but add Resized to it's name before the .jeg. That will then post here.

Otherwise, if you use Flickr, Photobucket, or some other photo storage site, use the photo URL and it should post here.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:30:32 AM by Papaw »