Author Topic: Picked this up over a month ago..  (Read 2196 times)

Offline pipehack

Picked this up over a month ago..
« on: August 20, 2012, 11:03:50 AM »
 Went to my usually lame flea market. My spidey senses were tingling. Some druggies selling tools with a crowd of folks gathered around. I saw this little pink box everyone was passing by. I opened it and asked the "gentleman?" How much? His buddy called it a futuristic soldering gun. "Give me $10.00."  SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know. This is a Dillon mkIII torch. It's prefered by body men and fabricators all over. This is NOT cheap and many can't justify buying one for what they cost new. All I need is to get the O/A tanks filled and I'm trying this baby.

Offline john k

• Contributor
Re: Picked this up over a month ago..
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 01:07:02 PM »
Okay,  you did good.  I've seen body men use these, but what is that tandem brass item in the top of the pic?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline pipehack

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »
It's a cutting guide. Tons of youtube vids on these things.

Offline keykeeper

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
Score!!!!
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline pipehack

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 05:55:28 PM »
 Thanks. It was a major score. Not sure if it really belongs on this site but, it is the first manufacturer of this torch.  Starts at Dillon, Henrob and now Cobra. I used to live next door to one of the crew members of the original Chi-Town Hustler funny car back in the 70's. That got my blood flowing for the car and bike scene. He had one of these torches and it was a work of art the way he used it.