Author Topic: Williams NX-20 B/C 1" drive sliding T breaker bar/handle--*SOLD*  (Read 2749 times)

Offline keykeeper

I just picked up one of these on a pick on Monday. I got to go and rummage around an old barn full of tools, at least the ones that hadn't been grabbed before I got there.

Anyone have a need for one? I know someone has some of these sockets laying around they could use this with. This is the cadmium plated one. 1" drive, bar can be used in crossbar hole in the socket, as well. The NX-20C drive head is removeable from the bar.

http://home.comcast.net/~alloy-artifacts/Photos/tools/williams_1dr_nx20b_breaker_t_slider_f_cropped_inset3.jpg

This picture is from Alloy-Artifacts, but the one I have is in better shape, in my opinion. I'll post photos of it when I get home from work.

$45 plus cheapest shipping. Should fit in a flat rate box, maybe. This thing is a BEAST!!!

Always open to trades for anything on my list contained in my post signature!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 01:26:13 PM by keykeeper »
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: Williams NX-20 B/C 1" drive sliding T breaker bar/handle
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
No picture on this end.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline keykeeper

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 01:46:19 PM »
Ok, I just inserted the link, if anyone wants to look at one. I was trying to make the picture at that link show in the post. Unfortunately, I haven't mastered that yet!!

I'm gonna upload my own picture when I get home, as the condition is much better than the one on AA. Wish I had the rest of the sockets, extensions, etc. to go with it. It's a monster, for sure.
-Aaron C.

Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
It's tempting given I have the H-20 sibling (thx to Franklee), the 1" and 3/4" drive ratchets, and a pile of sockets sets to match both.  I'm lacking the drive plug for the 3/4" ratchet and this t-bar.  Maybe you can push me over the edge with pictures of a beauty (not that the others are beauty's).

I rarely have a word spoken of my tool budget/spends and normally would just pull a trigger, but I'm really starting to feel like there'd be no end IF I don't find one.  I'll take another look at your wish list and see if I've piled on anything new since our last review.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline keykeeper

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:45:30 PM »
Updated original post with pictures of mine. As you can see, it is in pretty good shape. Bar is straight, no mushrooming from being hammered on. The only bumps/dings I find are pictured on the slider/drive head and nearby on the bar. There is a little yellow paint on it in one spot. Overall, not a bad specimen to have survived the early 40's until now.

If you want it Derek, PM me about it. I'll cut you a killer deal on it. I don't need it and you did send me that nice little pile of Vlchek sweetness!! Oh yeah, I got that vise base ready to go, and found a hairline crack in it. I think it will still work, so it will be coming your way. You may have to do a weld repair on it at some point. None the less, it would still serve as a pattern if you need to have one machined.

Either way, PM me about the sliding T bar. I can consolidate everything into a bigger box and get it all out at once.
-Aaron C.

Offline keykeeper

Re: Williams NX-20 B/C 1" drive sliding T breaker bar/handle--*SOLD*
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 01:26:52 PM »
Updated thread with a SOLD added to the title. On its way to Arkansas right now!!
-Aaron C.