Author Topic: Here's what I got from the "You should have been here yesterday!" sale.  (Read 2787 times)

Offline kxxr

The price was great because everything had been pretty well picked over. I can only imagine what was there yesterday. It was a fellow's collection from a lifetime of tinkering. Here's what I got for less than $20:

Yes, those are kite winders, deluxe ones. Here's a Blackhawk 39976 7/16 driver, Bridgeport screwdriver and another driver in need of some TLC. I think I have an old laminated guitar pickguard or two around here that I may try my hand at making a handle with. I'll post it up if I get anywhere. Further down is a Blackhawk stud remover and a couple other gems.

Only the bigger can is marked "Dover Stamping and Mfg. Co. Cambridge, Mass.

And, a whole bunch more DBE wrenches, mostly Craftsman.

Edit: The Blackhawk spinner is 7/16.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 07:47:21 PM by kxxr »

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
Nice haul to have been picked over.  Interesting Blackhawk 7/16 driver I will now watch Blackhawk ever so closer.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717

Offline john k

• Contributor
You certainly got your $20 worth!   I like oil cans, have a twin to the old one there.   Mallet looks like maple?   The little steel hammer, is a twin to one my dad made in machine shop class back in the 1940s, wonder if it was a required thing?   Right, you can only imagine what had left the day before, but you did alright, for sure.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline OilyRascal

• Contributor
    • Facebook Profile
The little steel hammer, is a twin to one my dad made in machine shop class back in the 1940s, wonder if it was a required thing?   

I think there IS something to that hammer.  I found a hammer very much the same during my cleanup of the shop - was told "your father made that in machine shop".   I later found the missing handle much the same as that shown below.  I'll dig for pics or the hammer itself and take pics.  Maybe it was a required project......maybe there was a standardized instructional/lab book that had this for a project.  Time to ask dad.
"FORGED IN THE USA" myself.  Be good to your tools!

Garden and Yard Rustfinder Extraordinaire!
http://www.papawswrench.com/vboard/index.php?topic=3717