Author Topic: fng here...  (Read 2174 times)

Offline TexasT

fng here...
« on: July 10, 2024, 03:01:45 PM »
I'm a refugee from the garage gazette. Looks like y'all have quite the nifty little community here. Busted down with the ban hammer from ch3

Thanks for having me.

Not really a collector, more of a user of tools and such. I'm the neighbor they bring stuff to get looked at and possibly repaired. Kids and grand kids bring their broken stuff too. Some can be worked on, some can be fixed, and others get repurposed or just thrown away. I try to have patience. My wife reminds me of the stories my siblings and parents told of me tearing stuff up as a youngster. So I try to understand why stuff gets torn up. I will say, I know why my dad and grandfather were always so salty now. I just couldn't figure it out back then.

I hope I can add to the site with good info and I hope all are well!

Online Lewill2

• Bucks County PA
Re: fng here...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 06:54:59 PM »
Welcome and join the fun, not as active as it used to be, but new stuff gets posted most days.

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 07:46:59 PM »
Hello, TexasT . Welcome to the group!! I haven't been buying much lately , but when I do , I try to share photos with the group! All great folks , and a ton of knowledge from the members!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2024, 07:48:30 PM by lptools »
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Online Yadda

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 11:59:45 PM »
Welcome!  I live in Texas.  Missouri City just outside of Houston. Papaw lived down the road from me about 25 miles or so. I'm the uncle everybody calls to ask about gardening. I like shopping estate sales for tools.   
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2024, 12:16:09 PM »
Welcome, I was steered into this place before I found the GG.  So glad to see it keeping on without Papaws guidance.  He shared a few stories with me, would have been great to talk face to face. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society