Author Topic: I was at this auction, see,,,  (Read 448 times)

Offline john k

• Contributor
I was at this auction, see,,,
« on: January 20, 2022, 07:30:08 PM »
They were selling old stuff, smelly old leftovers from other auctions from the way it looked.  A few things caught my eye, flats with odd assortments of tools, several trunks, but got several of those.  There was a wood carpenters toolbox, suitcase size, empty save for dirt.  Might be factory made, with two slide out drawers.  Has a saw till that fits 4 hand saws.  Dirt on the outside like it  was in a semi open building for over 50 years.  Too cold out now  to wash it, down to -4 already.   Plus I bought another wooden box, hinged lid, abought 15 inches on a side.   First clue, it is heavy.  Too cold to dig to the bottom, 8 1920s wrenches, 6 monkey wrenches.  Nail pullers, and a set of sockets, hex drive.   Got a lot of cleaning, and look for names.  From the musty smell, been closed up since the 40s.  No rust, just dirt. 

Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Northwoods

Re: I was at this auction, see,,,
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 09:10:32 AM »

And then.......?

Man, don't leave us hanging like that!
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline john k

• Contributor
Re: I was at this auction, see,,,
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 07:42:08 PM »
Well I overspent, but bought them both.  Still cold here so havent spent time out there to clean. Would post pics but the photo  adjustment ap on my tablet has reconfigured itself to a non user friendly useless thing.   What I can share is this.   A  cast iron Atkins saw retoother file holder.  It is 5 inches long, bigger than the others I have.    A pliers type battery clamp remover with a 1/2 i . Wrench on the end of one handle.  So is different than the one on the 'bay right now,  Thompson mfg.  Meadville Pa.   Have 8 sockets in a tray.  Hex drive  with allen type handle,
Handle lock wrench company,  Jamestown NY.    sems to date from 1915 - 1920.  Plus a bevel square, no name, and all tin, no fancy rosewood.   Am remodeling the house and not at the puter as much.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 02:44:32 PM by john k »
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society