Author Topic: '66 C10 Stepside Boiled Linseed Oil Treatment  (Read 1257 times)

Offline kxxr

'66 C10 Stepside Boiled Linseed Oil Treatment
« on: January 01, 2022, 05:47:14 PM »
I have been thinking about it for a while. Finally took the plunge. I like it.

Offline amecks

Re: '66 C10 Stepside Boiled Linseed Oil Treatment
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 07:39:32 PM »
Looks very good!  Last year I fixed up a couple old Schwinn bikes that were up in my garage loft.  I was very surprised how good they looked after a linseed oil rub.  Even the chrome looked better.  I sold the red bike for about $250 plus delivery charge.  The gold one I customized and kept.  They both have two speed kick back hubs - makes it easier and more fun to ride.  I bought them years ago at an auction for $6.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline kxxr

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 11:38:48 AM »
Looks very good!  Last year I fixed up a couple old Schwinn bikes that were up in my garage loft.  I was very surprised how good they looked after a linseed oil rub.  Even the chrome looked better.  I sold the red bike for about $250 plus delivery charge.  The gold one I customized and kept.  They both have two speed kick back hubs - makes it easier and more fun to ride.  I bought them years ago at an auction for $6.

Those are both great looking bikes! I don't think I am familiar with '2 speed kick back; system but it sounds great and you just can't beat the old Schwann. I have a surplus of bikes here at home just because the pawn shop prices are so low I just have trouble passing them up. Most shops here have a half price day and if you choose carefully you can usually find a nice one well under $100. I would have kept the gold one too! I like the upright handlebar arrangement.

Offline JoeCB

• Contributor
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 05:28:25 PM »
kxxr, the pick -up looks real nice.  I suspect that they don't salt the roads where you live.

Joe B

Offline kxxr

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 06:11:40 PM »
They do salt the roads (Montana). Are you thinking of rust? There's a lot of it on there in the usual places. I think the wheel wells behind the front wheels is probably the worst place for it.

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 07:30:47 PM »
Nice looking Chevy, here I was looking for a pic of the box floor.  When it comes to rust look over the long control arms on the rear axle,  seen a few fail.   Only came with the coil springs.   
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society