What's-It Forum > What's-It Forum

Leather working tool?????

<< < (2/2)

wvtools:
Also, the horse floats tend to be finer and the shoe peg rasp tend to be coarser, based on the ones that I have had.

coolford:
Well, it now has a fine handle from my handle hoard.  I now agree it is not a leather tool. An update on the working end follows.  In looking closely I found the ( i will call it a pad or working end) is divided into two sections, about evenly.  The front section has the points leaning forward to cut going forward and the rear portion has the points pointing back to cut when pulling back.  Does this change any ideas??

camarint:
Based on your description, it seems like the tool you discovered is a leather stamping tool. It's used to make marks or impressions on leather by placing it on the surface and tapping it with a hammer. The wooden handle you mentioned is indeed used to hold the tool while you apply pressure with the hammer.
If you're still curious about leather working and want to explore more about leather embossing, I recommend checking out this informative blog post on https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/leather-guide-for-beginners. It's a valuable resource that can provide you with insights into the art of working with leather.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version