Author Topic: OK - check this out  (Read 593 times)

Offline amecks

OK - check this out
« on: August 28, 2021, 07:32:52 PM »
The Foreman where I work gave me these 4 containers of tools.  Many of them were his father's and grandfather's and some his wife's family.

There are dozens of files all American, many Nicholson, and many with good life left in them. Stanley square, tool roll in black leather has 42 pouches that I suspect were meant to hold drill bits.  There's a Miller #2 and a Goodell Pratt hand drill.  The sledge hammer with no handle is marked 4 1/2 Lbs and has FRP over an anchor.

Started sorting and cleaning - this is a local company - Oswego Tool Co. 10' pipe wrench

You know I like these auto wrenches...I pulled the pin out and unfroze this one, it has nice straight jaws and now works great.  Will use it at work.

Walden Worcester 2716 1/2 socket tool and an alligator/screwdriver/nut wrench Whitman & Barnes Bull Dog #0.

I found later the Stanley knife has damage, the typical chunk missing above the blade.  Duro-Chrome 657DK 1/2 breaker bar with an additional drive on the handle end - How was that used?  The pliers are Utica 86-6 flat nose in real good condition.

Tozzi Punch - W&MP CO N.Y. - makes a dimple and lower part cuts a hole. Weird.  No visible mark on red caliper and the other is a Peck Stowe Wilcox marked EAST and 6.

Working Shopmate Pistol drill (could stand to have a new cord).

Model 77LH

Stanley wood handle No. 3 Phillips - blade tip is perfect.  Sargent No.66 wrench.  Goodell Pratt spiral screwdriver in amazing condition - the handle has tangs and notches that engage and the collar snaps on to make it a fixed screwdriver.  The plane is a Fulton 409 - this was a Sears economy brand was it not?

Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Yadda

Re: OK - check this out
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 10:40:06 PM »
Very nice boss you have there. I picked up a Bonney Breaker bar with a female end that allows you to use it as an extension.  Maybe your male end extension works with a female ratchet?
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline amecks

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 06:41:00 AM »
Maybe your male end extension works with a female ratchet?
That could well be.  There's a version of this extension without the handle drive end but this piece is old enough to have been used when female drive ratchets were being used regularly.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 07:28:39 AM »
Nice---over the years I have also received some nice gifts of tools, and then you are faced with how to respond.  With a foreman it would be hard, you don't want to be a suck-up.

Offline amecks

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 10:32:57 AM »
It could be difficult but in this circumstance I don't foresee a problem.  And I did pull a dozen or so tools out to use there at work.
Not photographed yet are a BluePoint and a Bonney box wrenches. 
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 11:33:05 AM »

I think the dimple-and-hole-punch tool is for eyelets, such as you would see for shoelaces and the like.  At least, I've used the one I have for that purpose, and it works perfectly.

Like these: https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/catalog/item-detail/02270-bp-10/2270-eyelets-brass-plated-/pr_46488/cp_/shop-now/hardware/fasteners/grommets-eyelets?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIva-Mk9TW8gIVh62WCh0KcQHbEAQYByABEgJru_D_BwE
--------
And, even if there are tools you can use in the shop, some donuts in the break room for everyone and telling him you're thanking him that way might work.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 11:35:14 AM by Bill Houghton »

Offline amecks

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 03:42:05 PM »
Hi Bill, the eyelet setter in the link you posted closely resembles the shape of the tool.  Probably a bullseye on that!  And another bullseye for donuts in the breakroom.  I am so socially inept!  Thanks!
Al
Al
Jordan, NY