Author Topic: Out to the Tool Thrift Shop and other stops  (Read 580 times)

Offline amecks

Out to the Tool Thrift Shop and other stops
« on: July 16, 2021, 09:24:31 PM »
The Tool Thrift Shop in Fairport NY is about 1-1/2 hours away so I can't go there frequently.  They are a charitable organization and I had saved up some tools to take out to them, plus I get to help them by shopping while I'm there.  On the way out there traffic was temporarily backed up and while moving bumper to bumper, up came a garage sale with a sign "TOOLS".  This guy had a garage full of good quality tools at fair prices.  I bought this tool box.  It looks military, and it weighs 25.2 pounds - empty.  I'll be using it at work.  Has anyone seen one like it?

I bought a Toyota Motor 14-17mm wrench, a Lectrolite 3/8-7/16, and a Martin 1/2.  The GM Rochester carb tool and Champion spark plug tool were in the tool box.
Can anyone identify the use of the three tool rolls, if that is what they really are?

At the Tool Thrift Shop, I found 3 more Toyota Motor wrenches, Honda pliers, Proto tappet wrench, MAC flexible shaft carb adjuster tool, 2 Xcelite drivers and a Snap-On pocket screwdriver,  Weird tool with changeable tip by The Bristol Co. Waterbury CT - the tip is small and has a 4 fluted shaft.
Can anyone identify the knife tool, with 90 degree mounted blade, one angle cutting edge and one rounded cutting edge - no name or number on tool.  I was thinking carpet tool but then why the rounded blade?

And lastly a stop at Tom's Bargain Stop in Newark NY.  Spent $2.  I used the wire brush to clean tools to see what they were - like the rusty Snap-On 1/2 combo - this will be for a set of shop wrenches that is missing the 1/2.  The crimper wire tool is for work.  Two chrome Japan metric wrenches and a Proto 7/16.

Al
Jordan, NY

Offline Yadda

Re: Out to the Tool Thrift Shop and other stops
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 12:47:36 PM »
Nice buys!  That tool box is fantastic!
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....