Author Topic: PAGOMA tools  (Read 946 times)

Offline john k

• Contributor
PAGOMA tools
« on: July 02, 2021, 02:02:59 PM »
Been coming across these tools lately.   PAGOMA  which means, Paxton and Gallagher Omaha, Nebraska, for part of the 20th century, was a hardware supply company, based out of Omaha.  Have collected a handsaw, probably a Disston  D8, several wood chisels, a kerosene lantern, and an axe.  They also owned Butternut coffee, roasted it near the RR station downtown,  made that area smell kind of good.  Discovered one of my old bolt cans was stamped PAGOMA.  So, anyone come across tools with this stamping?  The ones I have in my colection are big block letters,  easy to ID.  Anyone?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Lostmind

• Wellington, Ohio 44090
Re: PAGOMA tools
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 02:49:50 PM »
Not Me , but I wasn't looking. Will now
Of all the things I've lost , I miss my mind the most

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 03:35:41 PM »
I imagine that, as with Stiletto (based in California), you're more likely to find them the closer you are to the stores they were sold in.

I'll watch, but I doubt many made over the Rockies (and the Sierra) to the North Coast of California.

Offline Yadda

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 05:32:33 PM »
Definitely will keep an eye out. 
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline coolford

• Old as dirt
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 06:38:19 PM »
I have had this PAGOMA shield of quality set of auger bits for about 20 years.  Missing the No. 10 which is 5/8", the dark one in the picture which is a 10, but an Irwin.  Bought it at a garage sale in Florida.

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 03:44:29 PM »
There is a PAGOMA hoof nipper in an assortment of farrier type tools displayed  at Wessels Living History Farm at York, NE.  I fished it out of an "iron pile" several years ago -- no logo on it, just PAGOMA stamped lettering.