Author Topic: Thank you Noel(pawpaw)  (Read 15114 times)

Offline Lectrolite

Re: Thank you Noel(pawpaw)
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2021, 07:26:12 PM »
Rest in peace noel your very missed

Offline kxxr

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2021, 10:37:06 AM »
RIP Papaw, and thanks!

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2022, 10:33:02 PM »
wow, i came on to wish everyone a happy new year... about a month late. so, i just found out the awful news.  he was probably so happy on the days or weeks, ect. that he didn't hear from me, "how do i post a picture? if i want to respond to a post, how do i do that? papaw, how do you tell someone how to get to your ebay store?
      i talked to him one time on the phone, "he said," can you just call me?" i was hopelessly ignorant when it came to computers.  he had an interest in me, part of it was, "how does a youg girl like you show up on papaws wrench site?" those were not his exact words!
    anyhow, anytime i wrote him, he wrote back, and that meant a lot to me.
for better or worse, I'm pretty sure i can blame him for how many wrenches i have in the house!
cheers to you and rest in great peaceness
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline PapawsKid

• Legacy Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Son of Noel
    • Safety Third Props
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2022, 08:57:22 AM »
... he was probably so happy on the days or weeks, ect. that he didn't hear from me, ...

I can guarantee you (with 100% confidence) that wasn't true at all. My Pop loved people. He loved talking to them, he loved helping them, he loved teaching them and learning from them. It's always humbling to see how MANY people's lives he touched. Thank you for sharing your memories of him with us. :)
Somehow there's always someone who can do things thought impossible, simply because they do not realize that they should be incapable of the achievement.

Offline kxxr

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2022, 08:18:17 AM »
Your dad created something that has been a source of contentment, discovery and even joy, to untold thousands and thousands. He would surely be very happy to see that you have taken over and are committed to keeping up with it. Thanks from all of us!

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2022, 10:07:42 PM »
... he was probably so happy on the days or weeks, ect. that he didn't hear from me, ...

I can guarantee you (with 100% confidence) that wasn't true at all. My Pop loved people. He loved talking to them, he loved helping them, he loved teaching them and learning from them. It's always humbling to see how MANY people's lives he touched. Thank you for sharing your memories of him with us. :)
    thanks, dear, im sure he didnt mind helping me. i considered him a friend... some old guy that loved wrenches took an interest in some young gal that loved the same thing. he was a true friend to me, helped me out as much with personal problems as he did wrench id problems! he cheered me up several times when i found myself in a dark place. are you now moderating the sight?
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline PapawsKid

• Legacy Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Son of Noel
    • Safety Third Props
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2022, 06:05:25 AM »
are you now moderating the sight?

I am. I won't lie when I say I'm not nearly into antique tools as my Pop was. But I know how important this site and community were to him and I will keep it up and running as long as I am able to.
Somehow there's always someone who can do things thought impossible, simply because they do not realize that they should be incapable of the achievement.