Author Topic: Want to buy or trade Blue point Combo stubby wrenches  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Northwoods

Want to buy or trade Blue point Combo stubby wrenches
« on: December 20, 2020, 07:19:48 PM »
Working on the Blue point stubby combo wrenches with the forged on--not stamped in--logo. 
I need # 120 ----3/8" and #140----7/16"
Give me a price or let me know what you would like to trade.  I have a couple truckloads of all kinds of old tools.
But obviously I need some more....
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline crankshaftdan II

Re: Want to buy or trade Blue point Combo stubby wrenches
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 03:37:35 PM »
Working on the Blue point stubby combo wrenches with the forged on--not stamped in--logo. 
I need # 120 ----3/8" and #140----7/16"
Give me a price or let me know what you would like to trade.  I have a couple truckloads of all kinds of old tools.
But obviously I need some more....

Northwoods:
Could you please post up a picture of the aforementioned TYPE of wrench in question?   Don't think I know the difference between stamped/forged!   Thanks.......Cranky
E-mail address  dhdslimbow@yahoo.com
Looking for USA made ratchets-all sizes-drives and lengths  also S-K SuperKrome wrenches ditto.  Like to trade vs buy run it past me-nothing is cut in stone!

Offline Northwoods

Re: Want to buy or trade Blue point Combo stubby wrenches
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 05:21:37 PM »

Sure, Dan.  Check out Figures 113 and 114 here.  The ones I seek have forged in lettering which stands proud.
The others are stamped in.  Seems that BP started out with forged lettering--then switched to stamped lettering--and then returned to the original forged lettering.  Go figure.  Had something to do with the war, I would guess, but....

http://alloy-artifacts.org/snapon-bluepoint-tools.html#combination
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.