Author Topic: ford wrench date  (Read 1266 times)

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
ford wrench date
« on: December 23, 2020, 08:20:13 PM »
In case anyone didn't read this in the "general" section, I'll ask here... I don't have a picture. I have a wrench I'm giving to my nephew-- loves fords. It's one of the many doe 5 1/4 long wrenches. It has a B casting in a circle and then 1 and 2 on sides. Does the B casting date it at all? Is there a site where I can look at examples of ford scripts with dates? Merry Christmas / happy holidays to all
cheers
jenny bird
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"

Offline bill300d

Re: ford wrench date
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 07:57:50 AM »
Jenny
Are you positive it's a B and not an M? Most of the Ford scripted wrenches were made by Moore Drop Forge. Those wrenches with numbers on either end were for Model T Fords if memory serves me correctly.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:06:21 AM by bill300d »
A person who could really read human minds would be privileged to gaze on some correct imitations of chaos.

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 10:43:32 AM »
The B casting mark probably indicates Barcalo Buffalo, who also make contract wrenches for Ford.  I get a few of the adjustable ones marked Barcalo Buffalo, but not nearly as many as the Moore Drop Forging Co. ones.

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 01:11:12 PM »
Correction:  Alloy Artifacts says that the B inside a circle is the Bonney contract production logo.

Offline BRwrench

• Ohio
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 02:51:32 PM »
I am going to guess it is a B in an oval, which is Barcalo Buffalo. Since it is marked with a 1 and a 2 it would be a Model T band adjusting wrench, I have several marked as such. That would make it from the late teens to 20's as far as age goes.