Blacksmith and Metal Working Forum > Blacksmith and Metalworking Forum

Unusual Hardy

(1/2) > >>

Does anyone know what this is called, or used for? Blacksmith? Tinsmith? Jeweler? Thanks, Lou

looks like it might go in a hardie hole, but the top doesn't seem to be well enough finished to be used for jewelry...just my view.

Good eye, top is very rough!!

My guess would be some type of odd shoe last.  When in doubt, always go with a leatherworking tool.  It looks like a heel last or child's shoe last, maybe.

I am going to guess that it is a special tool for riveting.  Leave a tab sticking out on a tube and rivet the tab to something using the arm for support and alignment.  Just a WAG.


[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version