Author Topic: Set of tools for a DIY enthusiast  (Read 733 times)

Offline Pandamonium

• Pozycjonowanie stron
Set of tools for a DIY enthusiast
« on: August 07, 2020, 05:34:52 AM »
Hi,

my Dad is a DIY enthusiast and since I remember he has been tinkering with a little bit of everything. I know that he has all the tools ever needed but his birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I had a crazy idea. I would like to find and buy older tools that he would have to renovate himself. I don't know if I make myself clear. I was browsing your forum and found many, many pictures of tools that you find, wonder where they come from and finally restore to their previous glory. That is what I want to do. Where can I look for for a basic set of tools? Saw, pliers, hammer, wrenches? It will be a fantastic gift for DIY fan! At least I think it will.

Offline Yadda

Re: Set of tools for a DIY enthusiast
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 06:32:43 AM »
Craig's List, estate sales, garage sales, thrift shops, and of course eBay. Once you start looking you'll see tools everywhere, maybe not what you want, but you'll see tools.
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline p_toad

Re: Set of tools for a DIY enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 06:52:35 PM »
If you're anywhere near a Habitat Restore, i would say check there, too.   I know our local store gets it's share of hand tools (pliers, saws, hammers - not so much planes  :undecided: ) and it's not uncommon for them to need some TLC.