Author Topic: some small anvils and other mini tools  (Read 1100 times)

Offline oldgoaly

some small anvils and other mini tools
« on: August 30, 2021, 01:14:02 AM »
Glad to see the website back up and running!From a local auction, I had to re-glue the  display cabinet.
Some are  really cool other more like trinkets.
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums

Offline Yadda

Re: some small anvils and other mini tools
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2021, 09:51:04 AM »
Very cool.  I never see these little anvils at estate sales, but I keep looking for them.
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline mikeswrenches

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 10:50:02 AM »
I have quite a few of them but like yadda says, have never found them at estate/garage sales. Most I’ve gotten at auctions or occasionally from tool dealers I know. Once in awhile at an antique shop.

Mike
Check out my ETSY store at: OldeTymeTools

Offline oldgoaly

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »
These came from a local guy who collected them. He even made some. He was a jr high school teacher, local rodeo clown and blacksmith. Sadly he passed away in the winter. We had gotten summer sausage from him in fall. There are 2 more flats with anvils but the wife had them buried. A month earlier she had found a small J Deere  1938 in a junk pile, I cleaned it in the electrolysis tank. Gave it a coat of semigloss  clear and she sold it to a friend real fast. So she thinks these are gold! I know he cast some cause I was there, even showed him the letters to make them "special" (personalize) I made a couple of them too over the years. I made one for my farmer buddy Roy Rasp R.I.P.  handed it to him, plain side  oh did he think it was cute. He about cried when he turned it around and seen his name cast into the mini anvil. Damn, all these good guys are gone!
A bunch of pics (5000+) of tools and projects in our shoppe
https://www.facebook.com/187845251266156/photos/?tab=albums