Author Topic: New Britain Brake Tool  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
New Britain Brake Tool
« on: December 07, 2018, 12:24:03 PM »
Stopped by a sale place that has been closed a few years and bought a few items.
One was this New Britain P66 brake tool. It is 13 inches long and is one of the best I have found. The pin on the spring hold down tool is a separate piece peened in rather than just a forged one.

Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline geneg

Re: New Britain Brake Tool
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 01:10:36 PM »
That's a great find.  Life got good for me when I bought one like that at NAPA.  Prior to that, it was screwdrivers, channel locks, & uncontrolled springs either flying away or puncturing my fingers.   Think of how many people don't even know what drum brakes are.  I still buy brake tools at sales- probably to over compensate for not having them earlier. 

Offline amecks

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 03:53:15 PM »
Very  nice.

"I still buy brake tools at sales- probably to over compensate for not having them earlier."  So, maybe that's why I have a half a drawer full of various brake tools.
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 09:17:54 PM »
yup. I buy obsolete tools for things I no longer work on simply because I fought them in the past. I own one vehicle with drum brakes and probably have 3 of those tools plus a couple of the pin spring tools too. And will most likely buy the next ones I find too.

Its a disease....