Author Topic: It is definitely a sickness  (Read 2938 times)

Offline amecks

Re: It is definitely a sickness
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »
Your wife will soon be asking, "Honey, why is the trunk of the car so low to the ground?".
Al
Jordan, NY

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »
Ah, Lufkin.  I've got a weakness for Lufkin tools.  A bit of an underdog company (and located in Saginaw, MI, of all places), but excellent tools.

Always loved the Lufkin Toggle Lock series. The locking knob is under the thumb area - precisely where it needs to be!
After losing one that I had had for years, I started buying a replacement....which has turned into 4 spares over the last year! The latest blue one has fractional and decimal indicators on the tape. First I've seen like that!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 02:27:27 PM by bonneyman »
Ratchet Guru

Offline Yadda

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 06:31:58 PM »
Ah, Lufkin.  I've got a weakness for Lufkin tools.  A bit of an underdog company (and located in Saginaw, MI, of all places), but excellent tools.

Always loved the Lufkin Toggle Lock series. The locking knob is under the thumb area - precisely where it needs to be!
After losing one that I had had for years, I started buying a replacement....which has turned into 4 spares over the last year! The latest blue one has fractional and decimal indicators on the tape. First I've seen like that!

The fractional tape measure is neat!
You might say I have a tool collecting problem....

Offline cody6268

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 07:12:31 PM »
I have more pliers than I probably will ever need (good baker's dozen, at least). If it's under $5, and is made in the US, England, or Germany, for sure it's coming home with me.  And axes, I have a dozen from the late 1800s to present, but only use 2 of them regularly.

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 09:00:11 AM »
I have more pliers than I probably will ever need (good baker's dozen, at least).
That's all?  You're a rank beginner.

Offline bird

• Contributor
  • Resident Rambler
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2018, 11:11:41 PM »
Your wife will soon be asking, "Honey, why is the trunk of the car so low to the ground?".

I've got this great guy that runs an antique lumber mill. He lets me stop bye and pick up all the "cut offs"  (could be 2x16x6ft.).  He comes out ever so often and looks at the car... "It's still sittin' up high right now."  He lets me load it down... I call him Santa Claus!
Silent bidder extraordinaire!
"Aunt birdie, I think you're the best loser ever!!!!!!"