Author Topic: WANTED TO BUY EIFEL GEARED PLIERWRENCH  (Read 5299 times)

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
WANTED TO BUY EIFEL GEARED PLIERWRENCH
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:52:08 AM »
I can not get this plierwrench out of my mind.I want all three kits and all parts you have lying around 7IN PARTS 8 1/2 IN PARTS and the giant kit parts. i am interested in jaws, clips wrenches and kit bags the name is not on all parts so even if you are close I will be interested. literature on the kits also . you guys really got me turned on with this .bob w.
TO SOON ULD UND TO LATE SCHMART

Offline J.A.F.E.

Re: WANTED TO BUY EIFEL GEARED PLIERWRENCH
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:44:11 PM »
I have just the tool with a single jaw.
All my taste is in my tools.

Offline Dustin21

• Defiance Ohio
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:58:10 PM »
i have a couple jaws...   would have to find them there somewhere  in this computer desk or in the basement.
i love sk tools/boxes and indestro super/select tools if you have any for sale or want to part with let me know.  also need a  7/8 williams superench

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 11:31:45 AM »
I have just the tool with a single jaw.
pm sent

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
i have a couple jaws...   would have to find them there somewhere  in this computer desk or in the basement.
pm sent

Offline amertrac

• Contributor
  • ny mountain man
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 09:38:59 AM »
not in good shape but what the heck for 99 cents pluss 6,00  bob w.

Offline Charles Garrett

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »
For yur inf there are 5 distinct types The first 3 have only 3 sets of jaws as does the 7" type 4 has many and made by several MFRs and still today.  Chuck Garrett

Offline Charles Garrett

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 03:55:06 PM »
More Eifel info.  The earliest is a 1920 8" with smooth handles and 3 jaw sets- 1 year only. Next is 1921 8 1/2 with ribbed handles as all later models w 3 jaw sets.  The jawsets are similar to later 8 1/2 with straight cut teeth but do not interchange easily as they have a anti rattle thingie in handles and the jaws have a slight depression on them.  The 3 rd type has angled gears and 3 jaw sets and do not interchange with any other types..  All three have markings forged in handles and first 2 are dated.  To have all variations including dated ones and special mod ones would run at least 500-1000.   Chuck garrett

Offline Chillylulu

• CONTRIBUTOR
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 09:37:08 AM »
More Eifel info.  The earliest is a 1920 8" with smooth handles and 3 jaw sets- 1 year only. Next is 1921 8 1/2 with ribbed handles as all later models w 3 jaw sets.  The jawsets are similar to later 8 1/2 with straight cut teeth but do not interchange easily as they have a anti rattle thingie in handles and the jaws have a slight depression on them.  The 3 rd type has angled gears and 3 jaw sets and do not interchange with any other types..  All three have markings forged in handles and first 2 are dated.  To have all variations including dated ones and special mod ones would run at least 500-1000.   Chuck garrett

So then, # of tools is about? 5 types in 3 sizes plus all the modern jaws plus different date codes plus alternate manufacturers?

If only going for first 3 in 3 sizes, 9 total, do you know estimated cost?

Chilly

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 09:17:01 PM »
Amertrac,

Sent you a private message.

Bill

Offline Charles Garrett

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »
The 1920 is rare and the 1931 a little less so.  thew type with angled teth is fairly common.  I got mine at fleas, swaps and tool meets some years ago . got my 1920 at a estate auction were nobody knew what they were for $5. the cost of tools has gone up a lot in recent years but you never know when you will find your treasure.  I keep a shopping list in my head.   Chuck

Offline keykeeper

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:41 AM »
Charles Garrett,

You do realize this was a thread from 2011, Correct?

Amertrac hasn't even been active on the forum since March this year. He was having some serious health concerns.

I'm sure everyone else is happy to have this info about variations bestowed upon them, but I doubt amertrac has seen it.

-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.