Author Topic: swap meet score!!  (Read 2682 times)

Offline keykeeper

swap meet score!!
« on: May 20, 2011, 07:36:00 PM »
Found a few nice old items at the semi-annual swap meet/bargain days we have here.

-Older Channellock lineman type pliers
-kastar bent feeler gauge
-AC gap gauge
-Champion gap gauge
-Cool old ice pick labeled "Diamond Ice Co." and "See the modern ice refrigerator" - How old is that??
-S.H. Co Red Devil pliers (far left)
-Klein Tools 68310 3/16,1/4,3/8 & 5/16 square reefer ratchet
-VERY early Vacuum Grip 308 battery pliers w/T.M. Reg. U.S. Pat. OFF and Forged Steel Products Co. Newport Pa markings --SCORE!!! AA doesn't even have these markings on their site!!
-Ford N series tractor tool kit Pliers
-Hazet 8/13 DOE wrench

-handful of assorted New Britain and WARDMASTER sockets

It's nice to find something now and again..........
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:43:21 PM by keykeeper »
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline dimwittedmoose51

• Contributor
Re: swap meet score!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 07:44:03 AM »
I found some Bergman pliers a cople of weeks ago.  US made, but no history on them.  Gave them to a friend in need.

Nice finds.  I didn't  realize Kastar was semi-collectible.  I'll strart snagging them if that's the case.

DM&FS

Champion Pawn/Flea Plunderer
Old Tools and Music.....My drugs of choice

Offline keykeeper

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 10:53:11 AM »
I don't know how collectible Kastar is in general, but I've been putting together an assortment of feeler gauges, gap gauges, etc. for a while. I didn't have a bent version in the mix until now.

I was most shocked at finding the Vacuum Grip battery pliers in such good shape. These are pre-snap on purchase so very early in the Vacuum Grip line.
-Aaron C.

My vintage tool Want list:
Wards Master Quality 1/2" drive sockets (Need size 5/8), long extension, & speeder handle.
-Vlchek WB* series double box wrenches.
-Hinsdale double-box end round shank wrenches.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »
Nice score!
Collectible is what the collector makes it. I like the old Buffalo-Barcalo DBE's with the "scoop" on them. I get laughed off other forums, but I don't care. I like 'em!
I'd bet scotty would love those Wardsmaster sockets to go with his WM 3/8" ratchet!
Ratchet Guru

Offline rusty

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 01:28:22 PM »

>>-Cool old ice pick labeled "Diamond Ice Co." and "See the modern ice refrigerator" - How old is that??

Good luck with that one, there are dozens of 'Diamond Ice co. 's, seems everyone had the same idea for the name of their (clear as a diamond) ice company...

However, the Diamond Ice (& Coal) Co. Of Wilmington Deleware was selling "Ice Refrigerators" and advertising them to the public (with trade in allowences for 'old fashioned ice boxes') in the mid 40's ....

The term "Ice Refrigerator" is somewhat uncommon, used for the ice plant machines before WWII , and briefly after for household machines, then seems to have fallen away in favor of just  "Refrigerator" after that...

The fact that the handle of the pick seems to be a pop top bottle opener may date it better tho...
Just a weathered light rust/WD40 mix patina.