Author Topic: Hand crank drill press?  (Read 1190 times)

Offline garwein

Hand crank drill press?
« on: September 16, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »
Anyone have any idea what this is? When I cranked the handle, the bit holder spun and wobbled, almost like it would be mixing or reaming something inside the little metal bucket that is attached.

Offline garwein

Re: Hand crank drill press?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 09:18:03 AM »
The only thing stamped on it says 50-60 turns per min. On the handle. Seems to be missing its plaque on the front.

Offline Bill Houghton

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 10:06:51 AM »
Looks like a kitchen device of some kind - mixer or something.  Slow food milkshakes?

Offline JohnD

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 10:29:57 AM »
Looks a lot like a cream seperator. Should be some shiny bowls, cones, and other parts to be complete I think. They often had a bell that rang at a certain speed, or some other gizmo to insure turning at the proper speed to get the proper function.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:32:39 AM by JohnD »

Offline wvtools

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 01:15:40 PM »
Looks a lot like a cream seperator. Should be some shiny bowls, cones, and other parts to be complete I think. They often had a bell that rang at a certain speed, or some other gizmo to insure turning at the proper speed to get the proper function.

I think you are right about this one.  The speed marked on it is the key.  It is harder to identify with so many of the tin parts missing.

Offline Northwoods

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 02:34:10 PM »
I don't see any place for milk to enter or cream to exit. I'll get with mixer of some sort.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.