Farm and Implement Wrenches and Tools > Farm Implement Wrenches and Tools

LARGE Old wrench for tractor or implement?

<< < (2/3) > >>

leg17:

--- Quote from: cgw2also on May 25, 2017, 08:52:07 AM ---.....I suppose it could have made its way to the USA with someone immigrating.
Newbie Charlie
--- End quote ---

Lots of imported machinery are (is?) supplied with tooling such as wrenches.
Probably came from Europe or Asia  with a machine.

strik9:
That design of wrench was made in Germany between 1890 and 1928 mostly as a kit wrench or hardware store stocks.

I have two marked Ehlis which was a hardware store in Spain 1895 to present actually but under s new name as a chain. 

They also were marked for Panhard  luxury csrs made in France in the 1920's.

Sadly the owner of the car has died but he did get me most of the (sparce) info I have.  The goal is to track them to the factory in Germany.  I currently have two known buyers and your mystery triangle S logo.  Any clue can help.

cgw2also:
 Late last year I finally found the following information in a book by JOHN WALTER    GERMAN CUTLERS, TOOLMAKERS and METALSMITHS
An Illustrated Register of Trademarks and Brand Names, 1871-1945
S, within a triangle (1897, no. 21277): C.G. Schönweiss,
Hagen i.W. Registry class: 9b. Style: roman.
 I no longer have the wrench as I sold it after finding the above information.

Charlie

benedefin:
Interesting, I've never seen such instruments on our market. Did you only buy one? I am interested in pictures

benedefin:
I've seen a lot of stuff like that too. I even saw it on sale. It seemed to be made of metal. Didn't even know it was German-made. If I'd known, I'd have bought one too; I love tools like that.
But actually, I use good tools from WA's best farm machinery dealership. I started using them when I worked in the auto shop with my cars. I really liked the quality and how to work with them. Before that, by the way, I had another set of tools, and I didn't like it, mainly because there was no handhold on the handle. And I got hurt several times because of that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version