Author Topic: American Harrow  (Read 2657 times)

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
American Harrow
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:16:59 PM »
A friend brought this by my home to see if I was interested in being its new owner. I was and am. Bought this and an 8 in HOE self adjusting wrench. Wish he would stop by more often. Another friend dropped by with a small box of pliers as a gift.
 Anyone have an American harrow,cultivator,or manure spreader ? I don't know which this wrench fits.
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
Re: American Harrow
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 06:12:00 PM »
Hello, Jim. I am of no help regarding the wrench, but I do have a question re the HOE Company. Are they the same folks that made inserts (bits) for large circular saw blades? (sawmill blades) . Thanks, Lou
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline jimwrench

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 12:34:26 PM »
Lou
 Don't know only thing i'm familiar with is self adjusting pipe wrenchs. Cope doesn't mention any other products.                                 
Jim
Mr. Dollarwrench

Offline mvwcnews

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 10:02:37 PM »
Hello, Jim. I am of no help regarding the wrench, but I do have a question re the HOE Company. Are they the same folks that made inserts (bits) for large circular saw blades? (sawmill blades) . Thanks, Lou
HOE wrenches were produced by scion of the family that produced the HOE rotary printing press -- which made possible inexpensive newspapers & other publications in the 19th Century.  Don't know if the printing press company had any relation to manufacture of replaceable tooth saws.