Author Topic: A good evening, overall  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Northwoods

A good evening, overall
« on: January 10, 2017, 11:12:18 PM »
Got to see two of my granddaughtersplay basketball this evening. The younger one was in a three-day collision and had to be carried from the court in great pain. Her mother, a nurse quickly diagnosed it as a fractured ankle
They wrapped her in two bags of ice and hurried off to the emergency room. The Mrs. and I took the younger brothers--ages 5 and 10--home with us to await the verdict.
Stopped on the way home and picked up the makings of some root beer floats--my specialty. All went surprisingly well. The four of us had six floats and the boys dealt with the situation very well. I took the older one down to the shop and showed him how a ratchet works. Then we took apart one of my Plomb pebbles. He's a city boy and was impressed by getting grease in his hands.
Then it waslittle brother's turn. I let him use my vise grips and ball peen hammer on the lid of an old implement tool box lid. He really got into it, and we got it to fitting pretty well. He also enjoyed the four read spiders  that were in it. We decided to leave them there.
Then we hammered some shingle nails and experimented with a good strong magnet.
Then got then clean mostly and in bed
Heard from my son &DIL. Not a break, after all.  But I expect that basketball season is about over for Liz.
Overall, things worked out pretty well. Life is good.
The ORIGINAL Northwoods.

Offline 3baygarage

Re: A good evening, overall
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »
Way to get those guys started on the tools and fixing. Something they will always remember I bet.

Too bad about the basketball injury. Good thing nothing broke.

Offline john k

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
A good grandpa to not get all excited for the sake of the other grandkids.  Plus spending an evening in the shop is something I am looking forward to. 
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline p_toad

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:31:20 PM »
Good cover for mom and dad... injuries are never fun (ask mine about their soccer breaks and things...ugh)...   Good thing about the floats.   I used to make those when i was a kid doing fountain work at a BigBoy....mmmmmm   
Glad the kids made it through the rest of the evening ok.   :cool:

Offline lptools

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 04:14:05 PM »
You are a good grandpa!! Good job taking the boys with you, and giving them bonus shop time, too! best wishes for a speedy recovery for your granddaughter!!
Member of PHARTS-  Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society