Author Topic: pawn shop today  (Read 2516 times)

Offline john k

• Contributor
pawn shop today
« on: October 17, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »
Today I found myself in the city, sold some scrap, and realized I was ten blocks from my near favorite pawn shop.  I been good lately and had not been in there since spring.   I spend near a half hour digging thru a bin of sockets, one of wrenches, another of pliers(mostly chinese), and did make up a near handful.  Spread across the bins were several Crescent COE wrenches, looked new, just Crescent, and the size, good chrome, sure looked like Asian made?  What I took to the counter was, a Mac wood handle Philips no.2,   Kraeuter scrolling pliers, JP Daniels standard pliers, and a very nice vintage wood handle blade screwdriver.   I offered two dollars and they took it.  In the past ten years I've probably carried 50lbs of tools out of this place, and a chain saw or two.   The Mac screwdriver was like new, probably dates to the 70s, the other one to the 40s.  Did see a Dayton wrench, some rough Lectrolite, Easco, no Plumb, Bonney, or Williams.  Was worth the stop, yeah?
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Offline Papaw

• Owner/Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Alvin, Texas
    • Papawswrench
Re: pawn shop today
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »
Definitely worth it.
I scored some Select Steel wrenches for M_fumich Saturday.
Member of PHARTS - Perfect Handle Admiration, Restoration and Torturing Society

Flickr page- https://www.flickr.com/photos/nhankamer/

Offline Stoney

• Contributor
  • New Market, Alabama
Re: pawn shop today
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:08:14 PM »
Yeah worth it.  I only scored a cast double end spanner for a dollar.  I'll post tomorrow to see if an ID.
"Never laugh at live dragons" Bilbo Baggins "The
Hobbit"

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
-Thomas Edison

http://www.plantshepherdplus.com