Author Topic: Vacation Flea Market Finds  (Read 1216 times)

Offline OkieTools

Vacation Flea Market Finds
« on: September 16, 2015, 09:18:04 PM »
Me and the family went on vacation to see the wife's folks out of state for a week. When we where there we went to a few flea markets, and when I say a few, I really mean a lot of them. But it was worth it, because I found some great stuff to add to my tool collection.

First when we visited her grandparents, her grand dad gave me a 5'' bench grinder, he is the coolest dude I know. It is a Black and Decker model 7900, needs a good clean, but runs great looking forward to mounting it to my work bench.

When we went to stay with her dad, was when we went to all the flea markets in there town. I scored big time in my opinion on the wrench front, for starters I got a new old stock open end metric wrench set by Truecraft, made in Japan, for .50 cents a wrench, five wrenches total.

Next I got a at another store five more  wrenches. A 1" Powr-Kraft combo wrench, then a 13/16" Thorsen combo wrench, a 5/8"x9/16" Thorsen open end wrench, a 1/4"x5/16" Thorsen open end wrench, and a vintage 5/8" Proto combo wrench.

At the same place I found one of my favorite things I found a compleat set of Lectrolite SAE open end wrenches in great shape.

Last but not least at yet another flea market I found a MAC 3/8" air ratchet.

All in all I think it was a good group of tools, worth the trip.
Vintage tools have a story to tell, and I want to hear it.

Offline RedVise

• Contributor
Re: Vacation Flea Market Finds
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 09:51:52 PM »
Man, that's a lot of shiny stuff !  Good for you. I tend to find myself pawing thru the rusty stuff !

Brian

Offline OkieTools

Re: Vacation Flea Market Finds
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 02:53:37 AM »
RedVise-Thanks. I know what you mean about the rusty stuff, there was plenty of rusty stuff to look through, and look I did. Found some wrenches Bonney, Williams and such, that I really wanted, and the price was not bad mind you. But I could not afford both the stuff I scored and them. So I chose usable and practical over collectable, but that's just me. I'm a happy with what I got.
Vintage tools have a story to tell, and I want to hear it.